Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/29/2006 9:50:16 AM EDT
When you wear your IWB holster, do you wear an undershirt so the holster doesnt sit right against the skin, or does the leather keep it comfortable. I know you can tuck your normal shirt in, but i hate that and will be in hot weather so a longsleeved covering wont work. I'd like to just wear the holster and have my normal shirt over it, but am just wondering if this would be comfortable.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:57:49 AM EDT
I will often have a "A Shirt" under my normal shirt just because of the contact on my skin feels funny after some time. If it is a quick run out of the house I just put it next to my skin. When it is hot out I have a under shirt on all the time because my fat ass sweats alot, and the holster just holds the sweat next to my body. Ick! But it may be different for leather, I use Kydex.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:42:25 AM EDT
Yes. I live in a hot climate. I can walk araound wearing a banana hammock and a smile and I'll still be sweating. I have found that wearing anything "nicer" than T-shirt necessitates an undershirt, whether a form-fitting "wifebeater"/A shirt or a plain white T. It is good for keeping all the persperation off of my shirt that I am wearing in public, and more importantly, keeping it off the pistol.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:57:10 AM EDT
I usually wear a t-shirt, tucked in, between my skin and my IWB holster between the months of October and April. In the summer I switch to a CTAC and just a t-shirt over it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:45:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2006 12:46:30 PM EDT by phrkshw]
yea, i live in FL so wearing two shirts really isnt an option - i have been carrying a desantis IWB for 3 years straight and have NO complaints about the leather being against my skin - your boxers keep most of the leather off your skin and just the top touches. its really not bad at all

ill post up again in a week or so because im going to a kydex IWB CTAC while i wait for my VM 2 to come in. i have doubts about how comfy the kydex is going to be.

my point: no need for another shirt, in my experience thus far

my .02
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:17:38 PM EDT
Yes I do use a t-shirt for my IWB needs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:22:00 PM EDT
Thats what stainless and hardchrome guns are for!:)
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:07:17 PM EDT
Underarmor!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:25:47 PM EDT
yep...but I haven't had to deal with hot weather yet. I also got a holster with a "body shie;d" so that the slide can't hit the body if you aren't wearing a t-shirt.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:21:00 PM EDT
I usually wear a tucked "wife-beater" under the holster.
Top Top