Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 10:01:48 PM EDT
How can I tell what series my colt commander is? I just got a 1991A1, know that is a fairly new production. But I have another Colt Commander. the serial number starts with 70. does this make a series 70? is there somewhere I can get more info, maybe even date the pistol?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Call Colt and ask .   Tel: 1-800-962-COLT
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
... I have another Colt Commander. the serial number starts with 70. does this make a series 70? is there somewhere I can get more info, maybe even date the pistol?

Yes, it is a series 70 even though I don't think Colt ever stamped the Commanders of that era "Series 70". 1970 was the first year Colt began to stamp Commanders with "70xxxxxxx" serial numbers. In order to tell the exact year of the gun I would need to know the first 6 or so digits of the serial number. Hope this helped.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top