Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2013 5:45:06 PM EDT
Where do your guys buy cardboard IDPA targets?  Looking for 50 or 100, about $0.34 is the best I can find.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:00:34 AM EDT
[#1]
target barn.

or you can make a idpa target from brown paper bags.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:51:57 AM EDT
[#2]
$0.34 is a good price.  I've always gotten mine from the IDPA proshop and they're around $0.60/each.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#3]
TargetBarn
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
At work we pay to have a cardboard dumpster emptied...when one of the grunts are cutting cardboard to fit in the dumpster we have some cut up for target backers, I take a stack of those home and use a shot up IDPA from the range as a template with a sharpie and a sheet rock knife....about 2 minutes each , a 1/4 " off exact doesn't matter to me.
Most places pay to have cardboard taken away...most likely would be happy to give you some.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:08:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At work we pay to have a cardboard dumpster emptied...when one of the grunts are cutting cardboard to fit in the dumpster we have some cut up for target backers, I take a stack of those home and use a shot up IDPA from the range as a template with a sharpie and a sheet rock knife....about 2 minutes each , a 1/4 " off exact doesn't matter to me.
Most places pay to have cardboard taken away...most likely would be happy to give you some.
View Quote

This. Plenty of cardboard around. I just cut it into easy to manage rectangles to get it home. Then use a lightweight wooden stencil / template and just cut them out real quickly. Some cardboard dumpsters and tape and you'll be good to go all season.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Shooter's Connection out of Lexington, KY area.  Great guys to do business with.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where do your guys buy cardboard IDPA targets?  Looking for 50 or 100, about $0.34 is the best I can find.
View Quote

Where did you find them for 34 cents?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was mistaken, they are 45 cents each.  Getting old sucks
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Make your own. Buy one, and trace the rest from scrap cardboard. Easy peasy
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#11]
For that price, are you sure they are cardboard and not paper? I know when I was looking the cheapest I could find for cardboard was just under a buck, so I make my own, well actually my youngins make them.

You actually need two targets to make your own, my daughter just made ten of them for me a couple minutes ago.

I am using IPSC targets, almost the same as IDPA, but the A zone is a rectangle, not a circle.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top