Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2013 4:45:06 PM EST
Where do your guys buy cardboard IDPA targets? Looking for 50 or 100, about $0.34 is the best I can find.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 3:00:34 AM EST
target barn.

or you can make a idpa target from brown paper bags.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 3:51:57 AM EST
$0.34 is a good price. I've always gotten mine from the IDPA proshop and they're around $0.60/each.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 9:22:45 AM EST
TargetBarn
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 3:14:56 PM EST
At work we pay to have a cardboard dumpster emptied...when one of the grunts are cutting cardboard to fit in the dumpster we have some cut up for target backers, I take a stack of those home and use a shot up IDPA from the range as a template with a sharpie and a sheet rock knife....about 2 minutes each , a 1/4 " off exact doesn't matter to me.
Most places pay to have cardboard taken away...most likely would be happy to give you some.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 2:08:19 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D-der:
At work we pay to have a cardboard dumpster emptied...when one of the grunts are cutting cardboard to fit in the dumpster we have some cut up for target backers, I take a stack of those home and use a shot up IDPA from the range as a template with a sharpie and a sheet rock knife....about 2 minutes each , a 1/4 " off exact doesn't matter to me.
Most places pay to have cardboard taken away...most likely would be happy to give you some.
View Quote

This. Plenty of cardboard around. I just cut it into easy to manage rectangles to get it home. Then use a lightweight wooden stencil / template and just cut them out real quickly. Some cardboard dumpsters and tape and you'll be good to go all season.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:07:43 AM EST
Shooter's Connection out of Lexington, KY area. Great guys to do business with.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:12:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By bigkracka:
Where do your guys buy cardboard IDPA targets? Looking for 50 or 100, about $0.34 is the best I can find.
View Quote

Where did you find them for 34 cents?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 1:02:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By IllinoisBoy:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IllinoisBoy:
Originally Posted By bigkracka:

I was mistaken, they are 45 cents each. Getting old sucks
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 1:03:19 PM EST
Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:11:06 PM EST
Make your own. Buy one, and trace the rest from scrap cardboard. Easy peasy
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:16:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 4:10:03 PM EST by 1-Wolverine]
For that price, are you sure they are cardboard and not paper? I know when I was looking the cheapest I could find for cardboard was just under a buck, so I make my own, well actually my youngins make them.

You actually need two targets to make your own, my daughter just made ten of them for me a couple minutes ago.

I am using IPSC targets, almost the same as IDPA, but the A zone is a rectangle, not a circle.

Top Top