Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2009 9:14:45 PM EDT
I purchased this holster(LINK) to carry my G23 with a TLR-1 light I just got tonight.

This holster seemed to be the solution to the tac. light problem however the draw and re-holster seem too "labored."

I cant seem to re-holster the weapon very fast at all and the light gets turned on every time I do it.

The light also seems to get in the way during the draw and makes it much slower and "labored."

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to carry a pistol with a tac. light?

I'm not looking for anything to conceal necessarily, but something that is quick and clean.

EDIT: Not to mention, that holster is digging into the side of my Glock.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry my light in my pocket so I am no help in that regard. You might  try a different holster Bianchi has a decent looking one and Bladetech has a few also.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
First off, don't buy Fobus. I consider them like, Fake-us as a holster. Never lked them and I make holsters.

Get the Blade-Tech or a good Safariland with paddle or belt slide attachment. I'm going to start carrying my duty gun with the light off duty now and this is what I'll do.

It's $100 or so for a Blade-Tech. You want to play - that's the price of admission. Or, carry the light as a separate attachment and add when needed.

You know, I saw some leather holsters for light-mounted guns in the latest Gall's catalog for like $75 or so.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What do you want from a cheap POS holster?

this

check w/ Raven Concealment
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do you want from a cheap POS holster?

this

check w/ Raven Concealment

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for your relpies.

I purchased the fobus a while ago not realizing that they are shit.

I dropped $40 on that holster so now I gotta try to sell it.

Im liking bladetech.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I just picked up a belt holster from Comp-tac for my G19/TLR-1 combo.  It was that or Raven Concealment.  Since I've had great luck with Comp-Tac's offerings in the past, I went with them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
For God's sake.  Why carry with a tac light?  They are good for kill houses, Iraqi buildings, crack houses and only in a offensive situation.

If you need to pull your piece in SD you don't need a light.  IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For God's sake.  Why carry with a tac light?  They are good for kill houses, Iraqi buildings, crack houses and only in a offensive situation.

movie theaters.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I purchased this holster(LINK) to carry my G23 with a TLR-1 light I just got tonight.

This holster seemed to be the solution to the tac. light problem however the draw and re-holster seem too "labored."

I cant seem to re-holster the weapon very fast at all and the light gets turned on every time I do it.

The light also seems to get in the way during the draw and makes it much slower and "labored."

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to carry a pistol with a tac. light?

I'm not looking for anything to conceal necessarily, but something that is quick and clean.

EDIT: Not to mention, that holster is digging into the side of my Glock.

There is no reason to re-holster quickly.  If it's really time to put it away then you have all the time in the world to do it.  If not, keep it in your hand.

If it's hard to draw from then it's time for a lot of practice or a new holster.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's dark for half the day... I like being able to see what I'm shooting and not have to shoot 1-handed in the dark (with my non-dominant hand holding my pocket light).  I'm able to shoot at my range 24/7.  After shooting extensively at night I became convinced of the utility of a pistol-mounted light (in addition to a pocket light).

I use the Raven Concealment Systems G19+TLR-1 holster and it's been great.  I had used a Comp-Tac CTAC for G19+TLR-1 and did not like it as much.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I go outside at night. Most SD shootings occur at night. Therefore I carry a light.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Go with one of the Raven Concealment Phantom holsters and you wont have any problems.

I routinely carry either a 1911 or MP9 or MP45 with a light attached.  I prefer the option of being able to light up a target if need be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top