Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/27/2006 12:52:06 PM EDT
Hello all, Ive had a 92FS for a couple of years now and I love this pistol! I am thinking about using it for IDPA (cheap to shoot and low recoil) Have any of you guys used this pistol for competition ? It seems like it would be a good choice, what are your opinions ? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:23:13 PM EDT
Have used mine for several matches. And a number of others use them as well, fairly common in these parts. Not as common as Glocks but a significant number around.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:44:01 PM EDT
More often than not, I'm the only one with a 92FS at my IDPA matches, for whatever reason. Maybe most use their CCW guns, I don't know?

I know I really enjoy using mine for IDPA & steel plate matches.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:56:31 AM EDT
Sounds great, I think it will work out well for me then. I just have to decide on a holster now. I was looking at maybe getting one of the Blade-Tech Kydex holsters and a double mag pouch. I'm just trying to decide between a leather or Kydex holster? I've owned leather before but not Kydex. It seems like a lot of IDPA guys like the Kydex holsters?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:18:12 PM EDT
Yes, kydex rules at IDPA. They won't wear the finish with repeated drawings nor will they retain moisture. Can't get any better than that, IMO.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:04:07 PM EDT
If you're really serious about competition shooting and you have the money, try an Elite II. The trigger is extremely smooth and a lot lighter, tighter barrel and slide to frame fit, beveled magwell for easier and faster reloading and an extended mag release. I also prefer the novak sights the Elite II comes with. Again, only consider if you have the money and are serious. Probably overkill for IDPA.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:05:27 PM EDT
I saw a guy shooting one of those at IDPA. He was damn good with it.
Top Top