Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 12:52:06 PM EDT
Hello all, Ive had a 92FS for a couple of years now and I love this pistol!  I am thinking about using it for IDPA (cheap to shoot and low recoil)  Have any of you guys used this pistol for competition ?  It seems like it would be a good choice, what are your opinions ?  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Have used mine for several matches.  And a number of others use them as well, fairly common in these parts.  Not as common as Glocks but a significant number around.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
More often than not, I'm the only one with a 92FS at my IDPA matches, for whatever reason. Maybe most use their CCW guns, I don't know?

I know I really enjoy using mine for IDPA & steel plate matches.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds great, I think it will work out well for me then.  I just have to decide on a holster now.  I was looking at maybe getting one of the Blade-Tech Kydex holsters and a double mag pouch.  I'm just trying to decide between a leather or Kydex holster?  I've owned leather before but not Kydex.  It seems like a lot of IDPA guys like the Kydex holsters?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, kydex rules at IDPA. They won't wear the finish with repeated drawings nor will they retain moisture. Can't get any better than that, IMO.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're really serious about competition shooting and you have the money, try an Elite II.  The trigger is extremely smooth and a lot lighter, tighter barrel and slide to frame fit, beveled magwell for easier and faster reloading and an extended mag release.  I also prefer the novak sights the Elite II comes with.  Again, only consider if you have the money and are serious.  Probably overkill for IDPA.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a guy shooting one of those at IDPA.  He was damn good with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top