Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2023 2:34:28 PM EDT
The Fundamentals Of Double Action Revolver Shooting (1961)

Awesome stuff. Too bad we had to wait over 60 years for it. But realistically, they're teaching point shooting, without acquiring a sight picture, and they seem to be reasonably accurate with one hand at ranges inside 10 yards. It might be a tactic worth reviewing at the range.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting the video.

I'm enjoying it, and have watched a few times now.

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for posting the video.

I'm enjoying it, and have watched a few times now.

View Quote

Like, cowboy action shooting, or, as seen in the video, the way that lawmen used to engage, and prevail. Especially against guys with machine guns and stuff, back then. I think it would be a viable tool to have in the arsenal. About the only thing I don't like is that it looks to me like they muzzle sweep the strong side leg.

For those of us who still like to carry a wheelgun, especially a snubbie, it's a technique that still has some merit. I also noticed in the video that most of the shots were just above the pelvic girdle, and into soft tissue. I'm not sure that it works better than a COM hit in the upper chest, but, it might allow you to break contact with a better armed adversary.

They still teach hip shooting to security officers, but it's at more like 3 yards. Those guys are making hits out to 10 and even beyond.
Top Top