Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2013 3:56:43 PM EDT
So I have a Glock 21 and already have a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 & a Zero Concealment Felon Holster and double mag pouch in orange.   I'm working security right now & am armed, but have to use my own gun.  The problem is,  I need an OWB holster that is black, not orange....   No I will not spray paint my custom holster black!!!    I don't wanna buy another nice holster unless its a light bearing holster in which case I am gonna buy a Surefire X300 which I have always wanted and a holster for it, probably another Zero Concealment.  Or.....  Just get a cheap ass Fobus?   What say u?   $250 Vs. $20...
" />
" />
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want something as a temporary measure between now and when you pull the trigger on the surefire and a holster for it,

I'd buy one of these before I went with a Fobus.

IMI

They're beefier than the typical fobus and still relatively inexpensive.

Also - take a good look through the equipment exchange here and the used holster bin at your local gunshop / surplus store.
If there's one gun that there are a ton of holsters for floating around - it's a Glock.  I see used PD holsters for Glocks and Sigs all the time.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Since you're working security, you might want something with a little more retention (not that kydex doesn't have decent hold) like a Safariland ALS.  Those can be had for around $50.  You can get them with or without the light bearing feature.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Serpa level 2 duty

love mine and you can use a regular paddle on it
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#4]
My first choice would be BLACK DUCT TAPE. My second choice on the cheap would be Blackhawk Serpa Sportster, which can be had for about $30.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]
heres one

a little more spendy

what I use

links ar efor reference as far as some options i found. I also recommend armslist, the EE, shop online
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#6]
DSG Alpha
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#7]
$15

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Why the orange? It's just orange kydex...paint dat bitch....or go buy a roll of black duck tape and apply a layer of black tape over the orange. Peel off when you want it back to orange.

I would vote to get a new holster if you can afford it. Having options is always very nice.

I use a DSG that has already been mentioned. I love it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Can of Plasti dip for $8.  Peel it off when you get a new holster.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys for all the suggestions.  Im almost wondering about using a sheet of Velcro with the adhesive backing?  cut to size and stick on.  It would look better than duck tape  & less of a mess to remove
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Ended up going with this.  High quality at a dirt cheap price, figured it would work well for when I go backpacking too
http://www.lapolicegear.com/tact-lph.html
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 5:32:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My first choice would be BLACK DUCT TAPE. My second choice on the cheap would be Blackhawk Serpa Sportster, which can be had for about $30.
View Quote
delete
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 5:34:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Ended up going with this.  High quality at a dirt cheap price, figured it would work well for when I go backpacking too

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tact-lph.html
View Quote
I hate snap holster cause they always seem to fail on videos on youtube, and in person.

Guns fall out and snapping them together takes forever.

ETA: You are making a big mistake going cheap on a duty holster. I myself am doing security, and going toward my carry license and when I get it I am going to get either a Safariland or G-code. I say pony out the credit get the X300 and a great holster for it.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can of Plasti dip for $8.  Peel it off when you get a new holster.
View Quote

I second this.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Since you're working security, you might want something with a little more retention (not that kydex doesn't have decent hold) like a Safariland ALS.  Those can be had for around $50.  You can get them with or without the light bearing feature.  

http://www.copquest.com/23-0856.jpg
View Quote

This would be my suggestion. If you're open carrying for a security job I'd use a duty holster like the ALS.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Just an update.  I got my holster in & will be returning it.  While Tactical Tailor is a great company, this holster just doesn't work for me.  Its just too damn cumbersome....  The search continues, may just fork up the cash for a good duty holster
Maybe this
http://www.skdtac.com/Ready-Tactical-Holster-p/rdt.203.htm
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://www.copquest.com/23-0856.jpg
View Quote

This is what I would use.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I use a ReadyTac for my 34 3-gun setup and couldn't be happier with it. If you want something similar to what you currently have you should consider Shadow Holsters.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Going to Home Depot to pick up a can of Plasti Dip for $6.  I'll test it out on something first.  If its easy enough to remove I will spray down my holster and double mag pouch.  Thanks again guys
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#21]
It's been said multiple times in this thread. Safariland! I paid $35 for my 6378.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Safariland ALS (6378)

Why did you get an orange holster in the first place?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Safariland ALS (6378)

Why did you get an orange holster in the first place?
View Quote

Because orange is my favorite color and it was originally set up for IWB  & because I can
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top