Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 3:15:41 PM EDT
I need help on selecting / sourcing a small-of-the-back holster for a 2nd gen. G29. I haven't been able to dig up very many choices on a good SOB holster for the G29. I'd also entertain suggestions for a quality IWB holster, although SOB is where I primarily intend to carry this gun. So, tell me ... what works best?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not fond of carrying in the small of the back,  but as far as IWB, sidearmor makes a great one for the 29/30.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I need help on selecting / sourcing a small-of-the-back holster for a 2nd gen. G29. I haven't been able to dig up very many choices on a good SOB holster for the G29. I'd also entertain suggestions for a quality IWB holster, although SOB is where I primarily intend to carry this gun. So, tell me ... what works best?

Another vote for www.sidearmor.com/ for IWB.  I like the "belt hook" option.  I have one for all my glocks(17,19,30).  I have not tried their latest 4th Gen, but I didn't like their previous shirt-tucking attachment.  I don't do the SOB thing as I don't find it comfortable, so I can't help there.

FB

ETA: Oh yea I like the 15 deg cant angle.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input guys! I'm familiar with Sidearmor holsters as I have two of them ... for 1911's (I'm allowed to mention 1911's in a Glock forum?). I agree that they are great holsters (esp. with the 15 degree forward cant).

Anybody out there have an opinion on a non-Sidearmor model for a G29?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently picked up an Alessi Talon (used) of off either the EE here or Glocktalk.com. Holster is leather and extremely well made. It is actually marked as a 29 but works well for the 30 as I believe they are / or close to the same size.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to give a nod to Tim Wegner over at Blade-Tech.  I bought my first kydex holster from them back in the mid-'90's, when Tim was still likely as not to answer the phone himself.  They have a pretty extensive product line (truly!), lots of experience with synthetic holsters, and the quality is always top-shelf.

I'm probably check out sidearmor, but only if they have a model not represented in Blade-Tech's lineup.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I gotta say, I don't understand all this Kydex craze at all.  A plastic gun? sure why not. But a plastic holster?  that's got no damn soul!

I intend to pick one of the Sparks Versa Max II holsters up shortly. www.miltsparks.com/VM-2.htm
It is one of the thinest profile which will help tremendously with the thick G29 that you're carrying.

I'd also reconsider SOB.  If you fall or are pushed, it puts that gun directly over the base of your spine which could lead to a major injury.  Even if it's not permanet it could hurt you well enough to put you out of a fight long enough to lose it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top