Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2013 8:46:16 AM EDT
Anyone else see that Brownells has a disclaimer for 1911 magazines.
Basically, anything over 7 rounds is for military or police and you have
To show proof upon purchase.  Is this something new or has this disclaimer
been there all along?  Has anyone recently purchased mags and any issue?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#1]
This is what I saw:

<section></section>

Restriction

High Cap Mags

Domestic Sales - Please check with your state regulations for ownership of High Capacity magazines.

International Sales - High capacity Magazines, which hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, are currently Restricted items that can ONLY be sold internationally to Military or Law Enforcement agencies. We will ask for Proof of end-user through the DSP-83 form.

High-capacity magazine restriction

High-capacity magazine restriction 8 rounds.

So, it says that for international, but not domestic.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds as if Brownell's is getting a little ahead of the curve. Far as I know today, the 7 round restriction is only in the Peoples Democratic State of NY, where a recently passed gun law limits magazine capacity to 7 rounds. Even the other Marxist states posing magazine limitations are 10 rounds. That's why we don't live in those dismal shit holes.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Birddog, yep I just checked it again.  Looks like I was wrong.  I believe the state regulations statement has always been there.  Sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sounds as if Brownell's is getting a little ahead of the curve. Far as I know today, the 7 round restriction is only in the Peoples Democratic State of NY, where a recently passed gun law limits magazine capacity to 7 rounds. Even the other Marxist states posing magazine limitations are 10 rounds. That's why we don't live in those dismal shit holes.    

THIS ^^^
Top Top