Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/2/2012 3:31:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2012 3:35:14 PM EDT by hicap]
hello forum members

school me on this particular make / model. I already have a couple of .22 pistols (ruger mark II, single six). I can get a pretty decent used double 9 for $125 or so. It felt like it was alloy of some type, pretty light for revolver. My friend told me they are known for being able to rapidly fire the 9 rds, who cares

Are they good guns, unique, rare, whats the deal hi standards?? Worth having or not?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:57:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2012 9:08:46 PM EDT by Wyldman]
Among some of the very best inexpensive .22 revolvers out there.They haven't been made in a while, though, and parts can be problematic, though there is still some support for them. If I had the opportunity to get one at that price, I'd jump all over it, even if it meant not eating for a while.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:56:38 PM EDT
I have a Double nine that I purchased new.It has been great fun to shoot and totally reliable all these years! If you can get it at that price....go for it and enjoy!
JB
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:36:14 AM EDT
And another variation of the Double Nine is the "Convertible". This model features an all steel frame as well as both .22LR & .22 mag. cylinders. I have a "like new" version of this complete with original box & paperwork.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:37:57 PM EDT
I have one of the Longhorn versions, I picked it up pretty cheap years ago. It seems to work well but the sights on mine aren't regulated well. I can't remember for sure if it was high or low but I was thinking it was high but about 6". I like the design, a roll out cylinder, western style, 9 shot that's lightweight, what's not to like? The double action is really heavy but I only shoot it SA anyways.
Top Top