Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2012 3:31:53 PM EDT
hello forum members

school me on this particular make / model.  I already have a couple of .22 pistols (ruger mark II, single six).  I can get a pretty decent used double 9 for $125 or so.  It felt like it was alloy of some type,  pretty light for revolver.  My friend told me they are known for being able to rapidly fire the 9 rds,  who cares

Are they good guns, unique, rare, whats the deal hi standards??  Worth having or not?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Among some of the very best inexpensive .22 revolvers out there.They haven't been made in a while, though, and parts can be problematic, though there is still some support for them. If I had the opportunity to get one at that price, I'd jump all over it, even if it meant not eating for a while.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Double nine that I purchased new.It has been great fun to shoot and totally reliable all these years! If you can get it at that price....go for it and enjoy!
JB
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#3]
And another variation of the Double Nine is the "Convertible". This model features an all steel frame as well as both .22LR & .22 mag. cylinders. I have a "like new" version of this complete with original box & paperwork.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the Longhorn versions, I picked it up pretty cheap years ago. It seems to work well but the sights on mine aren't regulated well. I can't remember for sure if it was high or low but I was thinking it was high but about 6". I like the design, a roll out cylinder, western style, 9 shot that's lightweight, what's not to like? The double action is really heavy but I only shoot it SA anyways.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top