Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 4:21:59 PM EDT
I took mine apart the other day to clean it, have done so before and had no trouble before. When I went to shoot it today, it was chamber a round, fire the round and eject the spent brass also load another but the hammer is not being caught on the sear as long as the trigger is being pulled. The hammer is following the slide for some reason.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind, got it figured out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
What was it just out of curiousity?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The leg of the sear spring had shifted all the way to the right left during my cleaning and took tension off of the sear that forces it forward to catch the hammer. There is a bump on the disconnector that the slide contacts and move the disconnector down out of the way of the sear letting the spring move it back forward even when the trigger being pulled.

The disconnector/slide was doing it's job but with no spring the sear wasn't going back forward. Luckily the hammer just followed and didn't have enough to push the firing pin. I could have had a broken Buckmark that was full auto.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a prime example of why *I* don't detail strip my Buckmark..........      
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This is a prime example of why *I* don't detail strip my Buckmark..........      

Suprisingly I didn't actually detail strip it.

The last time I cleaned it I was still a FNG big time with firearms and I used grease and lube and used entirely too much. So it all caked inside and nasty. I had a small patch and some solvent getting ride of the grease and must have moved it. But yeah they are a pain to strip, even just a basic stripping.

BUT to diagnose the problem I did have to strip it and after doing it a couple of times I'm pretty good at it and stripping it down to clean it is no big deal.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

BUT to diagnose the problem I did have to strip it and after doing it a couple of times I'm pretty good at it and stripping it down to clean it is no big deal.

Well, *I* tip my hat to ya, sir! While I have no problems detail stripping my 1911s, hell would freeze over before I did that to any of my .22 semis!    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top