Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 8:31:26 PM EDT
I really like the Walther P99 pistols and want to get one.  I also know that Smith and Wesson has been making the SW990l with Walter, which looks a lot like the P99 and cheaper.  Does anyone know how different they are?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:58:10 AM EDT
[#1]
They are pretty much the exact same weapon. Have you handled or fired one of the P/SW99? The triggers are terrible, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:05:07 AM EDT
[#2]
No functional differances---only cosmetic and "feel" differances, like the square versus round trigger guard, slide serrations, etc.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a SW99 in .45acp, shoots & feels like a champ. No problems at all, not the first one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Main difference is that the P99 is a carbon steel slide wtih a Tennifer coating. S&W is a blackened stainless steel  slide and Melonite finish.  Check out Walther FAQ for some good info.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I have two close friends who carry them one a Walther the other a Sand W.  I can't tell the difference except for some slight redisign of the slide in the Smith.  They both digest everything fed to them and shoot 2 inch or better groups from the bench.  I carry a Sig that I am used to but wouldn't feel unarmed with either.  Go for the best deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top