Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 3/8/2010 2:06:38 PM EDT
I am shooting lead through my 23 , and it does not shoot worth a flip . In fact this last batch of bullets (180 FP's ) are tumbling .

So I was thinking about replacing the barrel with an after market barrel - say a Lone wolf or a storm lake . My question is this , since I am wanting to get a 22 also , can I use a standard length 22 barrel in my 23 and then when I get the 22 I will have a barrel to shoot lead through the 22 as well as the 23 .

In other words will a M22 barrel go in and work in a M23 ???

Thanks ........
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:18:25 PM EDT
Nope.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=967

But you can put a 23 barrel in a 27.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:01:56 PM EDT
Are your sight aliened? Have you tried different types of ammo? Have you let some one else shoot it to make sure its not your technique.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:21:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By John1125:

NO!

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:23:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By keenshooter:
Are your sight aliened? Have you tried different types of ammo? Have you let some one else shoot it to make sure its not your technique.

I have shot different types of ammo and my reloads of Hornady 180 HP XTP's shot very well , have some Speer Lawman factory that shoot OK . I am shooting my targets for comparison off of a bench and bags . A bullet that prints on target side ways is tumbling and will not be very accurate , in fact many times they will be off paper completely , been down this road many years ago when I used to shoot target pistols in 38 .

But I am confused if you can use a 23 barrel for an extended length in 27 , why could you not use a 22 barrel  for an extended length 23?   Is there some difference that I am not seeing ? Or maybe a difference in the barrel diameter ?? Or what ?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:25:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GLOCKREAPER:

Originally Posted By John1125:

NO!

I can read your post and do not disagree ,but could you please tell me why ?
Top Top