Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 2:06:38 PM EDT
I am shooting lead through my 23 , and it does not shoot worth a flip . In fact this last batch of bullets (180 FP's ) are tumbling .

So I was thinking about replacing the barrel with an after market barrel - say a Lone wolf or a storm lake . My question is this , since I am wanting to get a 22 also , can I use a standard length 22 barrel in my 23 and then when I get the 22 I will have a barrel to shoot lead through the 22 as well as the 23 .

In other words will a M22 barrel go in and work in a M23 ???

Thanks ........
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=967

But you can put a 23 barrel in a 27.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Are your sight aliened? Have you tried different types of ammo? Have you let some one else shoot it to make sure its not your technique.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

NO!

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are your sight aliened? Have you tried different types of ammo? Have you let some one else shoot it to make sure its not your technique.

I have shot different types of ammo and my reloads of Hornady 180 HP XTP's shot very well , have some Speer Lawman factory that shoot OK . I am shooting my targets for comparison off of a bench and bags . A bullet that prints on target side ways is tumbling and will not be very accurate , in fact many times they will be off paper completely , been down this road many years ago when I used to shoot target pistols in 38 .

But I am confused if you can use a 23 barrel for an extended length in 27 , why could you not use a 22 barrel  for an extended length 23?   Is there some difference that I am not seeing ? Or maybe a difference in the barrel diameter ?? Or what ?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

NO!

I can read your post and do not disagree ,but could you please tell me why ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top