Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 4:50:32 PM EDT
Really want a 2nd gen G19 to replace my gen 2 23 but I am having issues findin a clean 19. I am thinking about using my 23 frame and tracking down a used 19 slide and barrel. Anyone done this?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're having trouble finding a clean complete pistol, I'd imagine your luck will not improve searching for just the top half.  Patience is key...or you could just keep the superior gun and give up your quest to downgrade
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]
just buy the conversion barrel and a couple 9mm mags
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
my 23 runs fine with the lonewolf barrel but needed 9mm mags to be 100%
.40 mags caused it to run at 80% with 9mm
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
converted a 9mm to a .41   twice the pistol now
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Just recently put a lone wolf conversion barrel in my G23 to make it 9mm. The conversion has run 100% so far. I have put 300 rounds through it. I have also been using 9mm magazines.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used my Gen2 G19's top half on my Gen2 G23 frame, just to proove to myself it would work. No problems at all. even with the 40sw ejector.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a conversion barrel in my G32 (KKM) and also a .40 barrel.

I have got a G20 upper that I switch out on my G21.  The Glock 23, 19 and 32 use the same frame, so switching the uppers will work fine.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a conversion barrel in my G32 (KKM) and also a .40 barrel.

I have got a G20 upper that I switch out on my G21.  The Glock 23, 19 and 32 use the same frame, so switching the uppers will work fine.
View Quote

For the cost of an complete slide and barrel, you can have both 9mm and 357 sig barrels and recoil spring/guide rod sets
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#9]

For the cost of an complete slide and barrel, you can have both 9mm and 357 sig barrels and recoil spring/guide rod sets
View Quote

Your logic is sound my friend.  Listen to the man.  Get yourself a conversion barrel/RSA and have at it.  I bet if you practice, you can switch out the barrel/RSA in under 30 seconds.  Challenge presented.

P.S. "Uppers" we're not talking ARs here
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was what I was suggesting as the best option.  I just wanted the OP to know that the swapping of uppers (sorry, for the anal retentive, slide and barrel) is not a problem.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm another one that has a 9mm conversion barrel for my G23.  It has been very successful.

I haven't had any trouble using .40 mags w/9mm.  I suspect if I dropped them a round or two might fly out, but they function well enough.  While I keep dedicated 9mm mags for carry, I can still fill up and use the .40 mags at the range.

There has been no need to change RSA or extractor with the barrel change.  Extraction and ejection both spot on. No failures of any kind.

9mm shoots easier than .40.  Feels funny after shooting the .40 for a few thousand rounds.

The barrel change is quick and simple.  Less than 30 seconds, for sure.  Even when hot.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm another one that has a 9mm conversion barrel for my G23.  It has been very successful.

I haven't had any trouble using .40 mags w/9mm.  I suspect if I dropped them a round or two might fly out, but they function well enough.  While I keep dedicated 9mm mags for carry, I can still fill up and use the .40 mags at the range.

There has been no need to change RSA or extractor with the barrel change.  Extraction and ejection both spot on. No failures of any kind.

9mm shoots easier than .40.  Feels funny after shooting the .40 for a few thousand rounds.

The barrel change is quick and simple.  Less than 30 seconds, for sure.  Even when hot.

View Quote

My RTF2 mdl 23 (lonewolf conversion barrel, extended, ported) doesn't perform at !00% unless you use 9mm mags, the round will stand up out the ejection port about 10% of the time. I think its hitting the upper rear edge of the chamber/barrel hood and being directed up. Doesn't do this with the 9mm mags. side by side the 40 mag holds the rear of the cases the same but the angle to the bullet is higher on the 9 in the 40 mag.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:28:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

My RTF2 mdl 23 (lonewolf conversion barrel, extended, ported) doesn't perform at !00% unless you use 9mm mags, the round will stand up out the ejection port about 10% of the time. I think its hitting the upper rear edge of the chamber/barrel hood and being directed up. Doesn't do this with the 9mm mags. side by side the 40 mag holds the rear of the cases the same but the angle to the bullet is higher on the 9 in the 40 mag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm another one that has a 9mm conversion barrel for my G23. It has been very successful.

I haven't had any trouble using .40 mags w/9mm. I suspect if I dropped them a round or two might fly out, but they function well enough. While I keep dedicated 9mm mags for carry, I can still fill up and use the .40 mags at the range.

There has been no need to change RSA or extractor with the barrel change. Extraction and ejection both spot on. No failures of any kind.

9mm shoots easier than .40. Feels funny after shooting the .40 for a few thousand rounds.

The barrel change is quick and simple. Less than 30 seconds, for sure. Even when hot.

Willie (that was my nickname for the first 40 years), I had a heck of a time w/my G23 for the first 1200 rounds. I had failures to feed since the first magazine full until I sent it back to the factory. I went that long figuring it would eventually shoot out the bugs. It hated hollow points with a passion.  BTF was an issue, as well.  Never had more than one or two stovepipes.

I haven't had any trouble since then, and got my LW barrel (ported, extended) after I got it back from rehab.  No problems from either barrel since.  I keep it pretty wet, though...

They never mentioned what it was they did while it was visiting, just "upgraded."  I have seen suggestions that the extractor was the issue, but I don't know for sure.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Willie (that was my nickname for the first 40 years), I had a heck of a time w/my G23 for the first 1200 rounds. I had failures to feed since the first magazine full until I sent it back to the factory. I went that long figuring it would eventually shoot out the bugs. It hated hollow points with a passion.  BTF was an issue, as well.  Never had more than one or two stovepipes.

I haven't had any trouble since then, and got my LW barrel (ported, extended) after I got it back from rehab.  No problems from either barrel since.  I keep it pretty wet, though...

They never mentioned what it was they did while it was visiting, just "upgraded."  I have seen suggestions that the extractor was the issue, but I don't know for sure.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm another one that has a 9mm conversion barrel for my G23. It has been very successful.

I haven't had any trouble using .40 mags w/9mm. I suspect if I dropped them a round or two might fly out, but they function well enough. While I keep dedicated 9mm mags for carry, I can still fill up and use the .40 mags at the range.

There has been no need to change RSA or extractor with the barrel change. Extraction and ejection both spot on. No failures of any kind.

9mm shoots easier than .40. Feels funny after shooting the .40 for a few thousand rounds.

The barrel change is quick and simple. Less than 30 seconds, for sure. Even when hot.

with .40 its 100% but 9mmin the 40mags, not so much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top