Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 12/24/2022 1:06:18 PM EDT
Was looking to add a Defender or a full in 9 with a light trail and wanted to look at specs and couldn't help but notice that there were no Mustangs being listed meaning none to be found.

Should I put mine up in the safe and seek either a Springfield or a Sig clone to replace with instead?
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m not sure I understand? Are you asking about the defender or the mustang?
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m not sure I understand? Are you asking about the defender or the mustang?
View Quote

It's in the OP header.

I couldn't help but noticing while looking for something else that there were zero Mustangs being offered.

Is that better?
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep your Mustang.
Buy a Sig P238 and use it for Mustang parts.

I've got a buddy with a Mustang and that's what he does.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Colt is a F’n mess. No idea. They probably have no idea !
Unfortunately for decades it has been run by people only interested in how they can leverage what successes they finally reach into a way to raid the financial coffers.

Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Sig stopped making their .380 some time after Colt stopped making theirs.
I think Kimber is the last of the Mustang clones.
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Since being bought by CZ a few years back, colt I am sure is going through a massive reorganization and is trying to stay relevant in the market place. They are doing well with the reintroduction of several revovlers.

I think CZ is likely to be a bit more consumer focused than the old Colt and has a better sense of the handgun market than most.

I would expect to see some evolution of the 1911 in some way, it wouldn’t surprise me to see colt introduce a 2011 variant at some point, but who knows
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top