Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 11:57:08 AM EDT
Opinions on this firearm. This is my next pistol, would like to know your thoughts, thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll have no regrets at all. Its THE most accurate pistol I have ever owned and a joy to shoot.  I wish mine was the black over tan frame but im still happy with my all black one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Have & have had a few 45 acp pistols over the last 25 years;
Browning BDA
Colt Commander
Colt 1911 blue Gold Cup
Colt 1911 nickle
Colt 1911 80 Series
Norinco 1911 custom
Springfield 1911 Mil Spec
Sig P220 Early model
Glock 21 !st generation
H&K SS compact
H&K 45 FS
H&K 45 Tactical

Tactical is most likely the best out of the box production pistol & my current favorite!

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]
While I tend to favor the Compact .45 over all other HKs (because it fits me best) I think overall the Tactical is the most value for the dollar of any HK pistol.  Considering you can buy it NIB for $899 from Bachman Pawn and Gun in Dallas TX it is only a couple hundred dollars more than the full size but you end up getting over $400 worth of extras.  In my hands when shot from a solid rest the Tactical is just as accurate as the Expert and Elite and very slightly more accurate than the full size and Compact USPs.  Not to mention that it is one of the most "bad-ass" looking pistols HK makes, second only to the Mk 23 SOCOM.  That one is the bad-ass-iest of all bad-asses, but my least favorite HK because it fits me so poorly.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 to Big Bore.  he knows his hk's...E
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help guys, ordered it today, should have it tomorrow or thurs
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there different versions to HK  ? - I see one listed on EE that has V1 in the ad.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#7]
They are called VARIANTS, V1 to V10, and they signify the different features as per this chart:

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I sold mine.  I was more accurate with my other .45acp pistols.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top