Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 1:58:32 PM EDT
I was think about buying another sidearm and was really considering the HK USP SD 9 when i told my friend he said

"I think you should get a glock 17.
They're way better. And I can get you one at a pretty good discount.

USP's are kind of outdated. They don't have a universal rail or anything, and they have a safety, handguns don't need safeties."

make me feel better guys i can get one for about $850

what do you guys think about this model?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]
HK.  No question.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless you can legaly purchase a supressor, get the plain USP 9mm.
Glocks are OK, I just prefer the USP's for many reasons.
-If you ever need to slip a pistol into your waistband, a manual safety is very comforting.
-The recoil reduction system really works.
-My plain jane USP9mmf is match grade accurate.
-The USP's are safer if you ever get a hot load or obstructed bore.
-Every range commando has a Glock, I enjoy having something a little different.
http://www.streetpro.com/usp/index.html
http://www.remtek.com/arms/hk/civ/usp/usp.htm
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a USP 40 fora little bit now and have fed over 2000 rounds through it. Only problem i EVER had was when i fired a Wolf catridge through it and had a pretty nasty case failure. Cartridge crack down side and even though it pushed the bullet itself out it was most unpleasant. Not a single bit of damage in or to my pistol. Took it to the local HK armorer and he did his thing and reported it back in excellent condition. Im not terribly knowlegable of glocks but from what ive been told i had a example of a kB event that my quality handgun protected me from. dont think i'll ever buy anything but an HK at this point
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Handguns don't need safeties?

Theres only one way to carry a handgun.

Cocked and LOCKED.

Its quite the opposite.  Handguns NEED safeties, that can be engaged with the hammer back.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Cocked and LOCKED.

Its quite the opposite.  Handguns NEED safeties, that can be engaged with the hammer back.

Well said! Its 1 of the reasons why I choose H&K over glock
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Unless you can legaly purchase a supressor, get the plain USP 9mm.
Glocks are OK, I just prefer the USP's for many reasons.
-If you ever need to slip a pistol into your waistband, a manual safety is very comforting.
-The recoil reduction system really works.
-My plain jane USP9mmf is match grade accurate.
-The USP's are safer if you ever get a hot load or obstructed bore.
-Every range commando has a Glock, I enjoy having something a little different.
http://www.streetpro.com/usp/index.html
http://www.remtek.com/arms/hk/civ/usp/usp.htm

Indeed It really does, and I shoot .45.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Cocked and LOCKED.

Bah!  I carry my USP with the safety off, but in double action with the hammer down.  I like the longer, safer trigger pull, rather than clicking off the safety.  I'd hate to have a single action go off because I was so spun up during an 'encounter' that I didnt realize how much pressure I was putting on the trigger.  I figure with the DA first shot, it has to be deliberate, and once you've begun shooting, it's all single action thereafter.  And in the heat of the moment I don't have to futz with the safety.  Blah blah blah with the 'train to click it off when you draw'... murphy tends to enjoy moments like that to f*ck with people, and I don't want to take the chance.  Point and click is my motto!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Definitely the SD. But you should be able to do a little better, just over $800 is what I paid.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top