Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/9/2023 10:49:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hker71]
I just picked up a new USP 45 Expert and would like to swap out the solid front sight to one with a dot or tritium. I see that Meprolight makes one that says it would work. Does anyone have any experience with it or any other replacement front sight?
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By hker71:
I just picked up a new USP 45 Expert and would like to swap out the solid front sight to one with a dot or tritium. I see that Meprolight makes one that says it would work. Does anyone have any experience with it or any other replacement front sight?
View Quote

That will work fine.   I put a Trijicon front sight in my Elite, but just because it was what was available.  Meprolight makes fine night sights too.  

I like having a dot front sight for old eyes more than the night sight aspect.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:49:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hker71] [#2]
Thank you for the information. That is also why I would like to get a night sight because it is easier for me to pick up. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I just received and installed the Meprolight night front sight on my 45 Expert and it’s a perfect swap! Works perfectly!
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought night sight sets from HKUSA's webstore.  They come with front and rear tritium (rear adjustable like the sight that came on your gun).  My sight pusher wouldn't function with the slide cut style so I had to brass punch them on, but of the 3 sets I've owned all have been 100% functional / durable.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 2:30:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hker71:
I just received and installed the Meprolight night front sight on my 45 Expert and it’s a perfect swap! Works perfectly!
View Quote

If you ever decide to change the rear, be aware that a lot of sight-pushers won't work based upon how the "ledge" is cut on the slide.  You might end up having to brass-punch it on.

ETA: By the way, congrats on the Expert.  They're my favorite 45 ACP (and I've owned custom 1911s costing over $4,000).  My winter carry rotation usually includes a Expert 45.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the information regarding the rear sight. I hadn’t planned on swapping it (yet). I just needed the dot for the front sight so I had a reference for my eyes.

My MGW sight pusher looks like it would work to push out the rear sight so I may be in luck if I choose to do it.

Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top