Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 5:54:50 AM EDT
I'm active duty military and will PCS to New York State next year.  I've been researching a little about New York's insane gun laws and I really can't make much sense of them.  It seems as though a permit is required for every gun purchase.  Am I required to register the guns I already own when I move there?  Are assault weapons even legal in New York?  Does it make a difference if I'll be living on post?  If anyone could provide some insight for me, I'd really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
we have licensing for handguns only(except NY City I think). commonly called a pistol permit. issued by the county after some paperwork and fees. unless the issuing judge restricts it (which is something not in the law but of course the judges up hold it since they "scratch each others backs") it also serves as CCW everywhere except NY City. Each handgun must be added to the permit before taking possession.
only long gun restrictions (other than the communist shit hole of NY City) are basically the same as the now expired federal AWB. I think rochester albany and buffalo have a few additional regulations.
being in the military would probably make it eaiser to get a pistol permit
post this in the NY forum too, better chance of getting someone that'll know exactly where to apply in the county you'll be living in
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top