Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 12:43:37 PM EDT
Hey guys,

About 6 months ago, I had a KB with my model 23. I've been laid off and didn't have the money to get the gun repaired. I had heard stories of Glock replacing frames at cost, but I had no idea what that might be.

So, 2 weeks ago I sent them my gun with an explanation that I was shooting an old batch of Cor-Bon that I've had in my ammo crate since 1993 (ish). They were very pleasant to deal with and didn't give me any grief about it. They wanted to know what happened, and if I could send the gun with the blown case parts, and if possible, the box from the ammo I was shooting. I didn't have any of that. The box was looooong since thrown away and the case was the subject of a loooooong BS session after the shooting was done and checking the guy's hand out that was shooting it when it blew.

So, basically they took me at my word, never never asked me if I was shooting reloads, hot ammo, anything to trip me up so they could snake out of it. All the horror stories are either BS or not representative of all KB returns.

They called me yesterday to tell me that it was being repaired free under warranty. They thought it might be a problem that they didn't have any of the old frame styles left, and would I mind having one of the new frames with the finger grip and accessory rails? "What?!? Hell no that's not a problem!"

Since the gun blew up, I've recieved my CCW. I've been shopping for a carry gun and lusting for the G36. The new Springfield XD compact was making that a pretty hard choice-it isn't anymore.

Thought you guys might want to know in case you have your .40 go Ka-Boom.

Dave
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
glad to hear they took care of you. there customer service is really good. i try not to listen to others when it comes to glocks customer service. they've done me right also. i have a glock 36 for my carry weapon, and i love it. lite, narrow, and extremely accurate. did i forget to mention reliable? and 6+1 is plenty of ammo. it only takes one shot. you won't be sorry if you pick one of these up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top