Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 5:30:25 AM EDT
I just purchased a used Glock 19, and would like to find out if it is affected by the problems that the 19's have had. Where could I go to check the serial number to find out?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:35:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Glockmeister might have it. Check out The Gun Zone. They have decent Glock recall information too...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Call Glock
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#3]
communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/glock/gz-gupgrade.html#frisbee

There ya go....
Mike

BTW, pan up to the top of link...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Best and fastest way is to call glock and tell them you want to check if your included in the frame recall.

If you are ask them to order your frame, and ship it to your FFL. Have your FFL send them a copy of their FFL licence. After 1-2 months glock will call you back and tell you that your frame has been shipped. Go to your FFL and swap out frames. Glock will reimburse you for all expenses involved in the frame swap.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#5]

If you are ask them to order your frame, and ship it to your FFL. Have your FFL send them a copy of their FFL licence. After 1-2 months glock will call you back and tell you that your frame has been shipped. Go to your FFL and swap out frames. Glock will reimburse you for all expenses involved in the frame swap.

NO. Unless state or local law requires it, there is no reason to involve any FFL holder. The more people that're involved, the better the chances for screwing something up.

Unless your pistol has an "E" prefix in its serial number, there's no reason to even worry about this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe the FFL is a requirement from glock, IF you want them to ship your new frame in advance (prior to receiving your old frame).

If you send them your complete gun, then you will have the option to ship the pistol to your home (where allowed by law).

I had them send my frame in advance to receiving my old frame because at best it would be a 2 week turn around otherwise. I've heard horror stories of guns being lost, or it takin 2+ months.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#7]

I believe the FFL is a requirement from glock, IF you want them to ship your new frame in advance (prior to receiving your old frame).

There you go believing. NOT TRUE.

I had them send my frame in advance to receiving my old frame because at best it would be a 2 week turn around otherwise. I've heard horror stories of guns being lost, or it takin 2+ months.

Don't believe the horror stories. Glock didn't get to where they are by acting like bumbling fools.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I "recall" they kind of suck.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Here you go bud. www.glocks.info/serial.phtml
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#10]
The Serial # is AXH### US, so I guess it's not affected by the frame recall... I went to the glocks.info/serial link, and my prefix does not come up. Does anyone happen to know if it's pre-'94? Seems like a kinda low serial #, relativley speaking, and it has the old style grip W/O the ridges in the front of the grip... I think my biggest complaint is that the slide is quite loose on the frame... MUCH looser than my Sig Pro, which has almost no play.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#11]

The Serial # is AXH### US, so I guess it's not affected by the frame recall... I went to the glocks.info/serial link, and my prefix does not come up.

ONLY "E" series prefixes are within the recall range (and not all "E" series are affected).

Does anyone happen to know if it's pre-'94?

Go to glockmeister.com and input your serial number.

]I think my biggest complaint is that the slide is quite loose on the frame... MUCH looser than my Sig Pro, which has almost no play.
Quite normal for a Glock.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There you go believing. NOT TRUE.

I made that statement based on my experence with Glock. This is what I was told by Glock, and I just recently swapped out my frame in this manner. It took them over 2 months to order and ship my frame.

Don't believe the horror stories. Glock didn't get to where they are by acting like bumbling fools.

While I agree that Glock makes a effort to provide acceptable service to their customers, I cannot say my experiences have been good. If do a search on forums such as Glocktalk.com you will see that the "horror stories" are more frequent than than you might like to believe.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:05:31 AM EDT
[#13]

I made that statement based on my experence with Glock. This is what I was told by Glock, and I just recently swapped out my frame in this manner. It took them over 2 months to order and ship my frame.

That's your fault for sending your gun in before the frame had arrived from Austria. I called and let 'em know to order it and they called me back when the frame arrived.

If do a search on forums such as Glocktalk.com you will see that the "horror stories" are more frequent than than you might like to believe.

Someone posted some interesting comments over on sigforum.com about glocktalk.com being for the immature. I would have to agree and take what I read over there with a grain of salt. Not a valid source of information.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Now my thread's been Hijacked... I was asking for info, now everone's fighting.

Since it's a Gen II, probably made in 1994, with AXH prefix, I know it's not affected by the frame problem. Glock also says it is not elligible for the six part upgrade. I am kinda interested in maybe buying a Gen III frame at some point...
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's your fault for sending your gun in before the frame had arrived from Austria. I called and let 'em know to order it and they called me back when the frame arrived.

Perhaps you misread my post. I had Glock ship my frame in advanced. At no point did I send them my gun. The point I was making it can take up to 2 months for them to order the frame, and it is about a 2 week turn around if you send them your gun once the frame arrives.

My post was regarding the alternitive of having them ship your frame in advance to receiving your old frame. This I was told had to be sent to a FFL (new frame with slightly different serial number).

I'm not trying to argue with anybody. No need to get uptight big guy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Now my thread's been Hijacked... I was asking for info

And you got it. Now what?

I am kinda interested in maybe buying a Gen III frame at some point...

Glock doesn't offer bare frames for sale, only complete pistols.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I am kinda interested in maybe buying a Gen III frame at some point...

Glock doesn't offer bare frames for sale, only complete pistols.

Actually, they do. $150. I asked. Glockmeister also sells them for $155. Glock Recievers
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Actually, they do. $150. I asked. Glockmeister also sells them for $155.

Actually, they don't. According to Glock, Glockmeister is a dealer (as in not the manufacturer) who parts out these Glocks (note that the serial number is different).
If that's what makes you happy, then quit whining and get hopping.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Actually, they do. $150. I asked. Glockmeister also sells them for $155.

Actually, they don't. According to Glock, Glockmeister is a dealer (as in not the manufacturer) who parts out these Glocks (note that the serial number is different).
If that's what makes you happy, then quit whining and get hopping.

I asked GLOCK while I was on the phone asking about the upgrades, and the person I spoke to said, quite clearly, YES, they are $150, and you send your pistol in, we (Glock) destroy the old frame, and send the gun back with the new frame.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#20]

I asked GLOCK while I was on the phone asking about the upgrades, and the person I spoke to said, quite clearly, YES, they are $150, and you send your pistol in, we (Glock) destroy the old frame, and send the gun back with the new frame.

I called GLOCK in Smyrna, Georgia after I read your 12:35:08 message and the two persons with whom I spoke quite clearly said, NO, we do not produce the frames for individual sale or upgrade. They also went on to say that if Glockmeister is selling frames, or "upgrading" them, they were not supplied by GLOCK as frames only. Take that as you want.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Perhaps i can settle this argument for you gentlemen by relating my experience with Glock:

i called to inquire if any of my Glocks were affected by this frame rail issue.

As my G23 wasn't handy to check the number, i only asked about my G27, to which the miss assured me that it was not in the range of affected serial numbers.

When i called back the next day to check on the G23, i acted on a hunch and asked the sir about my G27 as well, because the serial was "E" prefixed. He said the G27 WAS affected.

Two different days, two different people, two different stories. One company, one gun.

Go figure.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:13:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Perhaps i can settle this argument for you gentlemen by relating my experience with Glock:

i called to inquire if any of my Glocks were affected by this frame rail issue.

As my G23 wasn't handy to check the number, i only asked about my G27, to which the miss assured me that it was not in the range of affected serial numbers.

When i called back the next day to check on the G23, i acted on a hunch and asked the sir about my G27 as well, because the serial was "E" prefixed. He said the G27 WAS affected.

Two different days, two different people, two different stories. One company, one gun.

Go figure.

Figure this: I bet if I called back today, I could get the same answer I got yesterday. If it were truly possible to have a frame "upgraded" from 2nd generation to 3rd generation, then Glock would offer a similar serial number as they do with the frames replaced under the frame replacement program.

Awfully funny that Glockmeister sells factory slides and barrels. How much money are you willing to bet that some of those slides and barrels have the same serial number as the frames they sell for "upgrade?"

Go figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top