Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2002 6:01:40 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with the Ciener .22 conversion, for the Glock line of pistols?
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Has anyone had any experience with the Ciener .22 conversion, for the Glock line of pistols?

Not the Ciener conversion but I do have the Advantage Arms one.

It works great but is picky on the ammo.  Remingtion Golden Bullet and CCI Mini-Mag are the only brands I have found so far that are reliable.

The AA conversion has a last round slide lock and glock factory sights.  I'll post pics once GB turns on my membership.

Frisco

edited to add the wife really likes it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are pics of the conversion...

slide only

slide on G23 frame

Frisco
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't see it on the web sight anywhere.  Do they sell additional mags for the conversion also?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Cienner for my G19.  It works (mostly) and I shoot the cheap Walmart 550 rounds for $9 stuff.  Its fairly accurate.

The magazines fits very tight (definatley not drop free) - get this Cienner () will claim the GLOCK is not in spec (yes that is right all Glocks are not in spec - but his tight fitting magazines are...).  Also the sights are fixed and cannot be changed or adjusted.  

If I were to do it agin I'd get the Advantage Arms kit.  The magazines fit better, the sights can be drifted - or better yet replaced (they take the same sights as your Glock - so you can have the same sights on you .22LR upper as on your center-fire upper).
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody have experience with the Gemtech conversion?? I'm intrested in it because it already comes with a threaded barrel
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Yngsar1,  I have no experience, but I am interested in it as well, look at this.  AA has a threaded barrel as well.  

store.shooters.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=224&CATID=94&Group=Magazines%20%26%20Loaders

"ADVANTAGE ARMS, INC.
We now offer an extended barrel for both the 17-22 and 19-23 kits. Our Extended barrel is 1/2" longer than our standard barrel and is threaded 3/8"-24 to accept a variety of attachments."

Link Posted: 9/22/2002 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anybody have experience with the Gemtech conversion?? I'm intrested in it because it already comes with a threaded barrel

Mail call! You too Zoub. I've had experience with these. In fact it was a friend of mine that created the prototype for these. It is a really cool set-up I just wish they made them to fit in my large frame Glock 21 and 30
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yngsar1,  I have no experience, but I am interested in it as well, look at this.  AA has a threaded barrel as well.  

store.shooters.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=224&CATID=94&Group=Magazines%20%26%20Loaders

"ADVANTAGE ARMS, INC.
We now offer an extended barrel for both the 17-22 and 19-23 kits. Our Extended barrel is 1/2" longer than our standard barrel and is threaded 3/8"-24 to accept a variety of attachments."

Wrong thread pitch though. You want 1/2"x28 for most suppressors. The Gemtech kit comes threaded 1/2"x28 I'm sure.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#9]
DarkHelmet, I have the same problem, G21, but I may look for an old 17 to put a conversion on. I figure great training gun for my wife.  For her (me?) I am thinking a 35.

I can't find the gemtech conversion on their web site!  You are right about the thread size, but Gemtech says they can customize the thread size.  I should be watching football but now I am research mode.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep. I've got the Ceiner kit for my G19. I've had it for years. I may just be lucky and have an unusually accurate kit, but it HAS been great up unitl the last couple of months. I think I need new springs in it. I'm beginning to get some misfires due to light strikes. I have been very pleased with this kit. If I were looking to buy today, I might choose another for features though; hold open after last round, and mags that aren't quite so tight (yes, the Ceiner people told me my Glock was out of spec too) would only make things better. My .22 kit, on my Glock, is so much fun that it gets used more than my Glock's centerfire upper.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Over at Glock Talk I found a thread about the Gemtech kit.  It is called GTG-22lr.  They seem to think it is an AA kit licensed to Gemtech.

glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98114&highlight=gemtech

$275, threads are 1/2x28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top