Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 4:20:32 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting a Glock 17 or 22 and making a Glock Carbine. In my state SBR arntet allow so if I attach a stock I ahve to have a 16inch barrel . There some kits out there which one is the best, for affordable and quality.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
mech tech
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I didnt see a 16inch barrel kit from them, can you link it please
Quoted:
mech tech

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Instead of spending all that $$$ converting you Glock.

Check out the Kel Tec Sub2000 9mm that uses Glock mags. This little inexpensive carbine will surprise you with its accuracy and reliability.

Its a lot of fun to shoot and won't disappoint. They make a .40 and a Sig mag one, as well. The one I own will take all my Glock 9mm mags right on up to the G18 33 rounder
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I've thought of that option. I dont have a Glock, Im a HK guy, but I would like to buy a Glock could have a multiple purpos that I can shoot, with carry and uses as a duty weapon.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Your best bets are the Kel-Tec or the Mech Tech. The Mech Tech needs you to provide a Glock pistol frame so if you want the carbine and a pistol at the same time you'll need to buy an extra Glock, the Kel-Tec is pretty cheap and has a good reputation.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Check out the Kel Tec Sub2000 9mm that uses Glock mags. This little inexpensive carbine will surprise you with its accuracy and reliability.

Its a lot of fun to shoot and won't disappoint. They make a .40 and a Sig mag one, as well. The one I own will take all my Glock 9mm mags right on up to the G18 33 rounder

The only flaw in that is if you want to shoot +P or+P+ ammo, the Sub2000 is not strong enough to shoot ammo loaded above SAAMI specs.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Too bad you state doesn't allow SBR's, but for a Glock SBR this is the only way to go: http://www.hera-arms.com/gcc.php
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#8]
"duty weapon"?  Are you LEO?  If so, why the problem with SBR?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

+1

Plus, now instead of converting one firearm into another, you'll have 2 firearms.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Too bad you state doesn't allow SBR's, but for a Glock SBR this is the only way to go: http://www.hera-arms.com/gcc.php

OMG that is so badass...... Kinda looks like a HK MP7.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only flaw in that is if you want to shoot +P or+P+ ammo, the Sub2000 is not strong enough to shoot ammo loaded above SAAMI specs.

Do you have something to substantiate that?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I did a bit of a rundown on some of them a while back:

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=79890

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top