Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:07:22 AM EDT
Probably been discussed before, but I'm too lazy to look.

Anyway, I've got a Glock31 (.357, I'm sure everyone here knows that, but I still have to go to the glock site to cross reference the caliber) and I know I can swap the barrel for a .40.  What I don't know is whether I have to get .40 mags for it or if I can use the same ones I have.  I compared the followers to a friends and saw they were slightly different.

I was going to wait a while, but I made the unfortunate discovery that the pistol is not partial to Selliet & Bellot.  It was misfiring ALOT and frequently doing FTF's.  I am told this is due to a hard primer.  I just need a cheaper alternative for blasting away.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is just going to be a range gun then I would see how the .357 mags work.  If they work fine then just use them.  If they don't work then pick up a couple .40 mags.  I believe there is a slight difference in the angle of the follower.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have shot a few thousand rds of S&B without any problems in both 9mm and 40S&W. You might want to check that the firing pin channel is clean, dry and oil free. I find often times crud or oil is a cause of some failure to fire.  Hopefully that will help narrow the problem to the hard primers.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top