Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 8:42:36 PM EDT
I haven't been around here to long but I feel like I'm missing something when it comes to the Glock in .45 ACP.

It seems to me that when someone mentions a Glock in .45, most people respond about their Glock 21.

Is a Glock 30 the red headed step child of the family?  I like mine and have never had any problems with it.

Am I reading more into this than I should or is the 21 more popular than the 30?  If so why?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Its more popular because it is bigger, I guess.

I had a Glock 30 up until very recently, traded it for a Springfield Loaded 1911 a couple of days ago.

I hear the Glock 21's with the grip reduction to glock 30 size are pretty popular though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a G21 it was too damn big in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The only issues that I know about are the OAL of the BBL and grip.

Most don't like the short BBL, which causes accuracy losses. Mine is for concealed carry, so I'm not making shots at any great distances. The standard 10rnd mags were hard for me to get used to on my G30, I swapped them out for a contoured mag base. Works fine and conceals well with a Milt Sparks VMII.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:06:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally I prefer the G30 over the G21. With magazine extensions the G30 fits my hand a little bit better and I can acquire a higher and consistent grip faster. The gun slides kind of into the hand more naturally. The accuracy of my 21 and G30 seem to be comparable.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]
YMMV, but I own 3 - 45acp Glocks, 2 21s and one G30 and have no complaints of either, in fact the G30 is my CHL gun of choice, since the old Detonics Combat Master was retired to the gun safe simply because it's worth too much to be toting around and I like the additional mag capacity of the 30.

The 30 is no step-child in my book.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both a G21 and a G30.  For some reason I shoot the G30 better, and it does fit my hand really well with the mag extensions.  But the G21 would be my SHTF pistol as it has tritium night sights.  

Maybe I shoot the G30 better because it was a gun I've always wanted.  The G21 was bought from a friend as a favor.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I've heard that the 30 actually shoots more accurately than the 21, something about the shorter barrel and stiffer spring. The bullet leaves the barrel before the slide has time to move.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#8]
It would all depend what I was using it for. Carry G30 anything else G21.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 2 G21s and a G30.  I shoot the G21s very well and can't seem to shoot the G30 worth anything, but I know several folks for whom the opposite is true & have to assume it has something to do with the size & shape of my hands in particular...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok.  I feel better now.  As a few of you mentioned, I also put the Pearce extensions on all my

mags.  I'm a pretty big guy, (6'3", 225) and have hands to match.  My size is a hindrance when it

comes to "fit" on a lot of things.  Those extensions are what sold me on the G30.  They make it to

where it fits my hand rather nicely.  This is also my primary CCW.

Thanx guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top