Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2010 7:05:40 AM EDT
I am interested in the Glock 22 police trade ins that Aim Surplus has .http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1GLK22G3&groupid=3 Are they good to go? Anybody here ever buy one?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes absolutely GTG.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes absolutely GTG.

Do you have one?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had a police trade in Glock before and it ran flawless.  Glock also stands behind their products very well.  AIM is top notch as well.  They look to be in really good condition.  I would not hesitate to buy one if I were in the market for a G22.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#4]
You might also want to check out GT Distributors.  They've recently gotten in a bunch of trade-in G22s.  $310 + $25 shipping.  3x 15 rd mags.  I picked up one of the 2nd gens last week.  Aside from some holster wear in the slide finish and some sticky residue on the grip, it looks pretty good.  I can see about snapping some pics later if you'd like.  

http://www.gtdist.com/emails/EMail-blast-ALL-Trade-in-guns-81310.html
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You might also want to check out GT Distributors.  They've recently gotten in a bunch of trade-in G22s.  $310 + $25 shipping.  3x 15 rd mags.  I picked up one of the 2nd gens last week.  Aside from some holster wear in the slide finish and some sticky residue on the grip, it looks pretty good.  I can see about snapping some pics later if you'd like.  

Yeah, snap some pics when you get a chance and thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, apparently, Dallas County SO did a really big turn-in.  Have 2nd and 3rd generation available.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a G3 G22 trade in locally, it's a nice gun.

At one point in it's life they had the frame replaced as the serial number on the frame starts with a 1, but it's a solid pistol.

I paid $350 for mine with out a box and three mags and night sights that still glow.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a police trade-in Gen 2 from Summit Gun Broker (looks like they have a sell on them for $315 + 3% for CC fees + $18 for shipping and I have been very happy with it.  I am will to bet that Aim's Gen 3s are very good as well.

Summit also has trade-in Gen 2 Glock 23s right now, if you are interested in a compact.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I decided to buy a new one instead. So I bought a G23 with the new rough textured frame, (I liked the compact one better) at the local gun store.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I decided to buy a new one instead. So I bought a G23 with the new rough textured frame, (I liked the compact one better) at the local gun store.

Good for you, I think you made excellent choice.  

My local gun shop that I frequent is a huge Glock distributor and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a police trade-in G22.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#11]
A bit late on this (couldn't find my camera cable).  But this is for anybody else looking.

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:13:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn, good looking guns for a hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Well i didn't care for the rough texture frame (felt like real rough sandpaper) so I took it back to the gun store where I bought it and they were cool enough to exchange it for another one. An OD green G23 caught my eye, it's funny, at first I didn't like the OD but I was looking at it and I started to like it. So I grabbed it. Plus I heard they were discontinued. Is this true? I know this thread is worthless without pics.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Any reason why they won't deal with NY? Sounds like another dealer shoving their nose up at NY. Unless I read it wrong.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:49:42 AM EDT
[#15]
combat mp- not selling to NY probably because they come with post ban 10 plus round mags
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#16]
my buddy bought a trade in g27, looked pretty dirty.  we cleaned it right up and it looked virtually unfired.  he grabbed it for $350 which included 3 mags, a fobus holster, and 200rnds of ammo.

i don't own a trade in, but my next purchase might be just because of how well his transaction and experience went.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
combat mp- not selling to NY probably because they come with post ban 10 plus round mags

Simple solution, remove mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top