Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2013 8:00:48 AM EDT
I recently traded for a SIG P239, in original box with paperwork.  The gun in made in German, not NH, with frame, barrel and slide serialized to itself.  Cool black finish on gun and mags, with a set of wood grips installed (also came with plastic grips).  The previous owner stated that the grips were made in Germany by a company called Nill?  The slide is marked PW Arms, which I assume is an import mark?  It is unfired, though the prior owner stated that he had loaded the mags at one point.  It also came with a handful additional new mags, all of which are dovetailed factory SIG and date stamped to the mid 1990s.  

I understand all of the P239 pistols are made in the USA, not Germany?  Also, the factory SIG P239 mags I see are all "made in Italy."

Can anyone provide some insight on this piece?  

Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC - it was something like -  the slide was made in Germany but then everything put together here in the US

im in for other responses though

Brian

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
IIRC - it was something like -  the slide was made in Germany but then everything put together here in the US

im in for other responses though

Brian

The frame, slide, and barrel are all German proofed with matching serial number, the barrel is date coded AH (2007?).  It is clearly a German gun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought an all German proofed 226R recently. Didn't know there were any of them either until I got mine and saw it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a two tone P229 that is triple serialized and german proof marked, frame, slide and barrel. Imported by Century Arms  I'm baffled by it no one can tell me anything about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
PW Arms imported only 50 all German made and proofed P239s.  They were originally about $600.  I also have one of these 50 German P239s.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
PW Arms imported only 50 all German made and proofed P239s.  They were originally about $600.  I also have one of these 50 German P239s.

Wow, only 50?! That being said, is there any collectibility to these?  It is unfired, but I am dying to shoot it!
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#8]

I have received four unsolicited offers to buy this gun, but no comments on collectibility?  

The gun is not for sale, and is destined for the range this week-end.  But, ff someone could give a little insight regarding value, I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 5:39:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Here are some pictures of my German 226R. I'm not sure how someone would predict collectibility or determine worth. I guess it's worth whatever you can get someone to pay for it. I wish I could find out more about these, such as import number. Until I pulled this one out of the box I didn't know a German railed 226 was available in the US. Unless someone is a real Sig collector I don't think it would matter. I have showed it to a few people and some are amazed and some have no clue or care of what I am talking about. This one came with SRT and E2 grips already on it. Not sure if they come that way or the previous owner put them on.

Link Posted: 1/29/2013 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Shoot it. They only carry a modest premium in price over US mfg P239s.

Quoted:

I have received four unsolicited offers to buy this gun, but no comments on collectibility?  

The gun is not for sale, and is destined for the range this week-end.  But, ff someone could give a little insight regarding value, I would appreciate it.

Link Posted: 1/29/2013 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They shouldn't command a higher premium than US SIGs. They are made of the same metals, barrels and springs. The only difference is that the German guns have "DE" stamped on them because of German laws. Why that commands more money, I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

They shouldn't command a higher premium than US SIGs. They are made of the same metals, barrels and springs. The only difference is that the German guns have "DE" stamped on them because of German laws. Why that commands more money, I don't know.

I would not pay extra for it and didn't. I bought mine off the classifieds on Sigforum for what I thought was a good price. The seller didn't mention it was a German model and the pictures he sent didn't show it. But it sure was a nice surprise when I pulled it out of the box.

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice blaster!  The Nill grips are an expensive work of art, I think about $200.  And the gun has a lot of cool factor that some collectors would pay extra for.  Put me down at #5 in line of people that want to buy it!  I'd say a true collector might pay 150 more than a comparable condition 239, without the grips.  Add the grips at $150, and you've got a nice package there.  Come on we're all dying to know, how much did you pay?  

Bottom line, it's not valuable enough to consider not shooting it, so fire it up and let us know how it runs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top