Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 5:25:18 PM EDT
Went to the range tonight after work to really break in my Gen 4 Glock 19, previously it was brand new and I had only put 100 rounds through it on a lunch break. Well tonight I ran a whole box of Remington UMC 250 mega pack through it. Reason I picked this ammo was A it was cheap bulk ammo and B these forums claim that the ammo isn't all that great and I wanted to see if the Glock would eat some cheap range ammo especially after reading some reports on the duel recoil spring not liking certain ammo.

After 250 rounds some slow well aimed shots others 15 rounds of rapid fire fast as I could pull the trigger I am happy to report that my gen4 ate every single round and spit it out and asked for more doing what it was expected to do.
and now PICTURES YAY PICTURES.  Pictures are from my Droid2 not the best quality

Some of my targets after i was done

At home after getting ready to take it down and look at the insides

good shot of the recoil spring

And thats my range report after 300 rounds through it so far with out a single issue I am very happy. on a side note I fired my friends Sig P226 tonight and the recoil vs the Glock, both being 9mm the Glock wins hands down even my friend with the Sig agreed
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
How's the trigger compared to the older series Glocks?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How's the trigger compared to the older series Glocks?

I went from a Gen2 G19 to the Gen4 G19 and honestly the trigger feels the same. Even after i replaced my Gen2 connector with a 3.5 I didn't notice any real difference. The Gen4 feels great though, I like the little bit of take up it has then a cunt hair more and bang love it
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
cool.
I have 250 rounds of my light-recoil reloads through my Gen 4 G19.
I had one FTF, rapped the slide, good to go.
I kept hearing about reloads will have trouble with the heavy spring, nope.
After thinking Sigs were the greatest pistols, I am really, really liking my G19. What a dream shooter. Still getting used to the trigger and trying to get consistent, but I like it so far.

I hope you collected up all that brass???
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
cool.
After thinking Sigs were the greatest pistols, I am really, really liking my G19. What a dream shooter. Still getting used to the trigger and trying to get consistent, but I like it so far.

I don't reload even if I did none of the local gun ranges allow reloads only factory ammo allowed. I guess some one who loaded wrong had their gun explode and hurt a couple people so ruined it for every one else

As for the Sig I didnt like it at all. The trigger had a lot of take up and wasn't comfortable to hold.  Also had more recoil than my G19.   love my glock
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice pics I am waiting to see the Gen4 G21 .....Damn these 16hrs at work are killing me
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
cool.

I don't reload even if I did none of the local gun ranges allow reloads only factory ammo allowed. I guess some one who loaded wrong had their gun explode and hurt a couple people so ruined it for every one else

As for the Sig I didnt like it at all. The trigger had a lot of take up and wasn't comfortable to hold.  Also had more recoil than my G19.   love my glock

good luck with your G19

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nice pics I am waiting to see the Gen4 G21 .....Damn these 16hrs at work are killing me

Get ready to wait from what I hear after the G17 G22 and the G19 and G23 the G37 is suppose to get a Gen4 make over for a bunch of LE agencies.  But I hope that is wrong I would like a G21 Gen4 or G32 Gen4 which if they bring it out I will buy either first available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top