Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 6:53:14 PM EDT
i own a 21..its great for everything, but ccw for me. I'm not a big guy: you can really tell its there.. I want to get a glock for ccw..i read an article on a trick mod. 19:custom features, the works. I was also interested in a mod. 23.......if someone would give me some insight on accuracy...and max mag. capacity, even some insight..agree disagree...that kind of stuff...thanks..
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the 19 its small enough to hide and big enough to still handle easily the G26 is just to small for me I cant stand my pinky finger just hanging there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock 19 and 23 are the same size. The 23 offers the larger .40. its better for stops than a 9mm but the 9mm is more controlable for those that have less training. Also you could by a 23 and convert it to 9mm for practice/competition/whatever and carry with the .40 for defense. The only thing required is a mag and a barrel.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
GLOCK 19, THE premier CCW pistol.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:41:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both.  Pick according to your ammo preference, I recommend 9mm due to the cheap ammo.  But there's not a practical difference as far a accuracy or handling of conceability.  They are as close to identical as two handguns of different calibers that I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
G19 and G23 same frame
G19, 15 rounds
G23, 13 rounds

accy, up to you, "glock like"

For CCW you should also look at the G26 and G27

They are sweet.

I have a g26 for CCW, G19 for house gun with light, G17 for high mileage IDPA competition
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]
i have both the 19 and the 23. I keep the 19 with an M3 on it next to the bed. I switch between a g27 and a g23 for carry when i'm off duty. I am a firm believer in the S&W .40 cal round. I find it very controlable and accurate. The accuracy aspect of it though depends on the shooter's skill level. Practice makes perfect. If you are not sure about the recoil you can drop in a 24 lbs recoil spring and you will see a huge  difference in  follow up shot placement.

J
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a glock 23c that I carry. I have a 13rd mag in it and a g22 15rd mag for a reload.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey MTNmy MAG, get the pierce grip extender and then you have a grip suitable for big hands like mine AND the concealability of the sub-compact.  If you MUST have a "full-size" grip get a G19 mag and then the mag sleeve.  Either way just push the mag release and insert the factory G26 mag and its the most compact gun Glock makes!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Glock 19 and 23 are the same size. The 23 offers the larger .40. its better for stops than a 9mm but the 9mm is more controlable for those that have less training. Also you could by a 23 and convert it to 9mm for practice/competition/whatever and carry with the .40 for defense. The only thing required is a mag and a barrel.

I've done a similiar experiment with my Glock 22 (.40 cal) with an Olympic 9mm barrel and 9mm magazines.  It will work SOMETIMES.  You will get malfuntions because the .40 breechface is obviously wider than a 9mm round.  This is something you want to do just for training but I wouldnt bet my life on it for defense.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#10]
my g23 caused me to sell all my other handguns
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I own all three, 19, 23, 26.  On SWAT we carry the 22. You see, I get  all four. On duty I used to carry the city issued Sig 229. But I love the feel and control of a Glock.  I switched to my 23 w/M3 light. It freed up my free hand so I dont have to use my Stinger light as much.  I'm very glad I did, It save the life of another officer and mine.  Can't wait til the State Attorney clears my case so I can get it back.

I'll own a Glock for life and  encourage people to shoot one if they are considering buying.  For concealed carry, go with the 27, I do.

One shot, One kill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top