Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 11:51:23 AM EDT
Hey all..

I'm looking to buy my first gun soon and have a few ???...

First off, I dont wanna break my bank, so I was looking to stay under $600 for my first gun.  I had read on the Sig site about their factory reconditioned Sigs and really like the sounds of the Sig 229 in .40.

Has anyone gotten one of their referbs?  Are they in great/ good shape for the $$$?  Are there other guns I should consider that would keep me in the price range I'm looking for and will last me a long time?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about referbs, but the Sig is a great pistol, one of the best combat pistols made. If you keep your eyes open you can probably buy a very nice used one for under $600.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have handled...NOT shot or owned...two of the refurbs...they appeared to me to be like new...very nice! They also...I think...have essentially a new gun warranty. Buy it...you won't regret it!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
CDNN has P229 LE trade ins in either 40 or 357sig for $400.....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Sig lists their p229s in S&W .40 for $499 (LE referbs) on their website and will ship to any dealer for me.

I think they come with a 1 year warrenty

What/where is CDNN?  Do they sell in Massachusettes?

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey all..

I'm looking to buy my first gun soon and have a few ???...

First off, I dont wanna break my bank, so I was looking to stay under $600 for my first gun.  I had read on the Sig site about their factory reconditioned Sigs and really like the sounds of the Sig 229 in .40.

Has anyone gotten one of their referbs?  Are they in great/ good shape for the $$$?  Are there other guns I should consider that would keep me in the price range I'm looking for and will last me a long time?

Thanks

Why spend $600 on a sig 229 refurb when you can get a new sig 229's in .40 for $600 at this site:

www.guwholesale.com/

ETA: it appears their site is no longer providing a list of their inventory. As of a couple months ago... they were advertising Sig 229 in .40 for $605.

I would give them a call to see if they are still available for this price.

GU Wholesale
Phone:  1-402-339-3530
Fax: 1- 402-330-8029
Mail:  4325 S. 120 St. - Omaha, NE  68137

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!  Will Do!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I also work at a shop and owner ordered quite a bit of referb SIGs...

Edited Quote from Forest Gump: "Referb SIGs are like a box of chocolate, you never konw what you are going to get".

They are generally in good shape, but since they are referb, one thing they sure don't change is the barrel and frame.

I have a SIG P228 bought brand new and went through 30K rounds, I know what a shot-out barrel  and frame should look like.

One of the referb P229 in .357SIG sure look very shot-out to me.

If you want to pick up a referb SIG, make sure you can inspect the gun before you buy it. With all the referb SIGs that's in stock, I do see both end of spectrum.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I beleive the factory referbs come with a 1 year warrenty.  Not sure if it covers the barrel, but they say they replace ALL worn parts (cosmetic fram marks are not covered) prior to certifying them.  Did I mention that they are Certifed Sig Sauer Referbs?  The one I was thinking about is direct from the Sig factory.

I'll check again on the barrel though.  Didn' think of that.h.gif

Edit added here -->

This was what I read directly off the SIg site.

"Certified Pre-Owned Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER
The legendary SIG SAUER quality is what law enforcement professionals around the world rely on for When It Counts. The To-Hell-And-Back-Reliability™ of a SIG SAUER is what makes it stand out from the rest.
Now you can own a SIG SAUER pistol that’s been “Duty Tested” protecting communities around the county. Traded in by law enforcement agencies for new SIG SAUER pistols, these pre-owned SIG SAUER pistols have been Factory Certified after passing the SIGARMS Five-Point Factory Certification process. And no Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistol leaves the factory without the approval of one of our expert SIGARMS armorers. That’s your guarantee of the legendary SIG SAUER quality and it’s all backed by a one-year factory warranty.
Accept no substitutes. Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER Pistols can be ordered by any dealer through their regular distributors. Contact your dealer today for pricing and availability of Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistols.
What is SIGARMS Five-Point Factory Certification? Each Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER is field stripped, refitted with original factory parts where needed, cleaned and lubricated, function tested and hand-inspected by a certified SIGARMS armorer.
Does the Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER come with a warranty? Yes. Each Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER comes with a one-year warranty from SIGARMS.
Do all used SIG SAUER pistols come with a warranty? Only the Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistols carry a one-year warranty backed by SIGARMS. Make sure the pistol you purchase is a Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER.
How will my Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER be packaged? Each pistol is repackaged in a SIGARMS lockable pistol case. It is tagged with our “STOP” tag and wrapped in plastic for protection. Included in the case will be an owner’s manual stamped “PRE-OWNED” in red, a cable lock, and a second magazine.
How do I know I’m getting a Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER? Our Factory Certified Pre-Owned pistols now ship with a blue grip band identifying it as a Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER. Some pistols have already shipped without these grip bands so look in the pistol box for the owner’s manual. If it is stamped “PRE-OWNED” in red and comes with the blue SIGARMS cable lock then you know it is one of ours. You will also find our standard “STOP” tag instructing the owner to read the owner’s manual. This “STOP” tag will also be stamped “PRE-OWNED” in red on the back of the tag.
Are high-capacity magazines included? Each Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistol comes with 2 standard capacity magazines.
Do these pistols feature night sights? The Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistols will come with standard contrast sights.
What is the condition of a Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER> The condition of a Pre-Owned SIG SAUER pistol will vary depending on the amount of wear, such as that caused by a holster or rings, and that condition will be reflected in the retail price. Pistols that have shown excessive wear on the slide when received at the factory will often have the slide refinished in our rock hard Nitron® finish.
Are the frames refinished? The alloy frames of a SIG SAUER pistol are hard anodized for durability and performance. Though a pistol frame may show minor “dings” or ring wear, the frame is not refinished as part of our Factory Certification process.
Does SIGARMS replace worn internal parts? Absolutely. When going through the Five-Point Factory Certification process, the SIGARMS armorer looks for worn parts. When worn parts are discovered they are replaced with original factory SIG SAUER parts.
My Pre-Owned SIG SAUER has holster/ring wear. Can I send it back under the warranty to be refinished? Holster and ring wear are not covered under the one-year factory warranty. "

So I would think this should cover a worn barrel, but could be wrong.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow!

That beats the hell out of my first gun! I don't think you could go wrong with the Sig Refurbs...They wouldn't put them on the market if they were out of spec.

MT
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#10]
You will NEVER regret getting a refurb SIG....   get it and dont look back!

Have fun

LB
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I have bought many many new and used  guns from CDNN and have never been unhappy.the LE trades are great for the money ,talk to the salesman and tell him what you expect ,they are honest and will tell you the true condition of the weapon.229 in .357 Sig is more fun and more flash and noise than the .40.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#12]
got the p226 navy in 9mm, awhile back. havent shot it yet, but my dad has a 228. any sig you get will be a good one. i saw a guy on here selling his sig 226 in sig357, for about 625. if i had the link still i send it. ill look for it tho. sorry couldnt really help. but good luck with the sig

bbr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top