Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 9:12:02 AM EDT
I have a Glock 21 and want to put a fiber optic front sight on it. I'm going to leave the stock fixed rear sight on. It shoots where you aim with the stock sights on. I've looked at the fiber optic sights, but they say +0, +1, etc. Any ideas which + I should get.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what you mean by +0 and +1 but I have a fiber optic front sight with the stock rear and could not be happier with it.  For whatever reason I had a hard time seeing the stock white dot front site but since I switched over to the fiber optic I have had zero problems.  It's amazing how well it works for me.  I highly reccomend geting a FO front and leaving the rear stock, doing that way really makes the front site stand out.

Here's my G19, this is the only pic I have so hopefully you can see the front site

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the +0, +1 refers to the height and +0 goes for 9/40/.357 models and +1 is for .45/10 models.  Your G21 would need the +1 version.

Hopefully someone who is more certain will chime in.

HTH,
Josh
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I believe the +0, +1 refers to the height and +0 goes for 9/40/.357 models and +1 is for .45/10 models.  Your G21 would need the +1 version.

HTH,
Josh

I figured it was something like that, just didn't know what went with what.

WMHM4 did you try any different colors?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HTH,
Josh

I figured it was something like that, just didn't know what went with what.

WMHM4 did you try any different colors?

I tried the green which is OK and I have no problems using it I just like the red better
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I suggest changing out the rear sight.  The factory sight is hideous.  For some nice sights check out www.dawsonprecision.com/  I have a set of plain black Hienie Slant Pros on my G17 right now that I compete with and I'm switching to a fiber optic front which will be a little thinner than the Heinie front now.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not just the white outline, the thing's gonna come off doing 1 hand malfunction drills someday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top