Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2012 1:22:49 PM EDT
I picked up my new Glock 23 gen 4 (dated 7/27/12) last week and while the gun itself is awesome, the magazines are annoying. For what ever reason all 3 magazines only drop out about halfway and then stop, I tested the Glock 23 with Glock 22 mags and they shot out like normal, I also put the Glock 23 mags into my Glock 27 and they barely dropped free without getting hung up.

Anyone one else having any issues with new magazines, or have any tips on which areas to sand down to get them to drop free? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Before you try sanding, try wiping down the mags and mag well with ArmorAll. This was suggested to me quite a few years ago at an armorer's class if you have a gun that the mags won't drop freely in. I have an older Gen2 G21 and some of the mags didn't want to drop when empty without flicking your wrist while hitting the mag release. A little ArmorAll and they dropped like greased lightning, empty or full. It doesn't take much, just a little spray on a rag, then wipe down the mag and stuff the rag up into the mag well to get a little there, too. I'd give it a try before sanding. If it works, fine. If not, keep inserting and ejecting the mags. You'll see where the poly mag body gets scuffed up, sand a little there and it should work well.

Bub75
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I had this same problem.  They will correct with use.  Don't waste your time contacting Glock, they don't care.  Enjoy the 23.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Bub, that sounds simple and cheap enough that it will probably do the job. I've never even bothered contacting Glock with any issues, luckily I was able to hand select and check my gen 4 22, and 23 to make sure they had the updated ejectors and dot connectors.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I would have never thought of using armorall.  Nice idea.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 3:44:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Free-dropping mags has never been a priority for me, but I have used Armorall  on my mags, and it does assist in their extraction.
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would have never thought of using armorall.  Nice idea.

Same here.  Learned something new from the interwebs today
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top