Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 10/5/2012 8:30:22 PM EDT
Went today to get on a list for the FN 5.7 and the FNX 45 Tactical.  While there I picked up an FNX 9.  

Range time this weekend
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:37:48 PM EDT
I picked up a used one a week or two back.   For what I gave for it, it was a no brainer and I think it's a solid enough gun.  

Put about 100 rounds through it one afternoon.   Seemed accurate enough (i.e. not any worse than a Glock or M&P), and ran fine with my handloads.  The DA trigger is awful like it is on most DA / SA guns, but I plan to pretend that it doesn't even exist.

I like the fact that the white dot on the front sight is visibly larger than the rear dots.  I also liked the ambi mag release button.   The slide is wider than any common competitor's slide, which may give it a blocky feel in IWB holsters.   The backstrap retention mechanism seems a bit dinky (a flimsy plastic tab inside the grip) but I guess time will tell whether that's a problem.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:43:19 PM EDT
Your right about the retension system.  I was surprised when I saw that great engineering feat. A little,movement in the blackstrap. I'll fix that
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:22:17 PM EDT
Let me explain how much I love my FNX9... I sold my Glock 19 after firing the FNX.  I just wish i could find night sights in stock for it. I can put all 17 rounds in the X ring at 10 yards something I could never do with my G19
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 7:21:08 AM EDT
I have just over 1300 rounds through mine.

Never a hiccup of any kind with anything from 115 Wally World Federal FMJ to 147 grain HSTs.

I too like that big dot on the front sight.  My 58 year old eyes like it even more...  

As I intend to keep this one, a single drop of "super glue" fixed the loose back strap issue.  Some may remember my posts at FN Forum, as I tried several mechanical fixes for the dinky retention tang.  
None were satisfactory.

I like it's "commander-ish" size really well.  Slide length like a G19 with 17 rounds in the mag.

The trigger pull has settled in to 4.25 lbs. in single action.

I am hankering for a Walther PPQ, but the FNX will be a permanent member of my collection.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 6:12:17 PM EDT
Love mine.  Ambidextrous controls are great, as a southpaw.  
I just wish there were more accessories for it
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 5:21:42 PM EDT
DSG Arms makes great holsters for it. Raven makes them also but the wait time on them is crazy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 6:40:27 PM EDT
No recoil
nice SA trigger

just watch that you don't ride the safety like a 1911.
Top Top