Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:52:26 AM EST

I intend on installing a Wilson Combat Extended Slide Release and Extended Safety on my Springfield 1911 Govt. .45. The parts say may or do require some fitting. After doing a search I couldn't come up with anything. Anyone know how involved this "fitting" is and if it can been done by the average joe.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:26:46 AM EST
basically, you might have to file/sand some of the parts down to fit them in smoothly and correctly into the holes

you might not have to either
for example: my WC extended slide stop slipped right in on my kimber TLE; but another brand i tried required a little sanding w/ sandpaper to properly fit

if you ever have to file/sand anything down, go SLOWLY and evenly and check for fitting every few strokes--you can always file/sand more down, but you cant add on material once you over do it
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:46:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By ALPHAGHOST:
... if you ever have to file/sand anything down, go SLOWLY and evenly and check for fitting every few strokes--you can always file/sand more down, but you cant add on material once you over do it

Quoted big & red because it's just that important, IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:18:54 AM EST
So it's not a big deal then. Thanks for your time .
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:16:38 PM EST
Go to Springfields site and see what they have available. Might not have to do any fitting.

John P..
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:41:31 AM EST
Thanks John, good idea.
Top Top