Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 7:52:26 AM EDT

I intend on installing a Wilson Combat Extended  Slide Release and Extended Safety on my Springfield 1911 Govt. .45.  The parts say may or do require some fitting.  After doing a search I couldn't come up with anything.  Anyone know how involved this "fitting" is and if it can been done by the average joe.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#1]
basically, you might have to file/sand some of the parts down to fit them in smoothly and correctly into the holes

you might not have to either
for example: my WC extended slide stop slipped right in on my kimber TLE; but another brand i tried required a little sanding w/ sandpaper to properly fit

if you ever have to file/sand anything down, go SLOWLY and evenly and check for fitting every few strokes--you can always file/sand more down, but you cant add on material once you over do it
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
... if you ever have to file/sand anything down, go SLOWLY and evenly and check for fitting every few strokes--you can always file/sand more down, but you cant add on material once you over do it

Quoted big & red because it's just that important, IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
So it's not a big deal then.  Thanks for your time .
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to Springfields site and see what they have available.  Might not have to do any fitting.

John P..
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks John, good idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top