Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 7:23:29 AM EDT
On an EDC rig I don't want to cause issues with an extended mag release, but I have a customizing sickness.

Anyone else have the frame area around their mag release scalloped?  Happy with the results?

I'm not worried about resale, I'll never sell it anyway, besides, it's a bit too late for that already.

**Update**

Couldn't help it.  Had to dig out the dremel.  I'm happy with it.  A lot less effort required now, even after taking the edges off the mag released itself.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Post pics.  I love custom stuff.

I've never used one, but I've heard great things about the Vickers mag release.  The length is in between the standard and extended OEM.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you seen these?

Ignore the rest of the pimped out parts on the 26, it's just a pic off the Arotek site.  They are styled similar to the 17Pro in that the frame is precisely cut to fit the larger contoured catch.  They really stick out no further than the standard factory catch but it extends back further and is much easier to reach.  Arotek makes theirs out of aluminum and LWD make theirs polymer.  I installed the polymer on all of my guns and I like it alot more and I think it works much better than any of the other options; standard factory, factory extended(21), Vickers...   I made one myself over ten years ago like what is now sold as the Vickers and to me it was better than using the full size 21 catch but I think the Arotek/LWD style is th best.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:35:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Have you seen these?
http://www.arotek.com/images/products/picture123.jpg
http://www.arotek.com/images/products/picture156.jpg
Ignore the rest of the pimped out parts on the 26, it's just a pic off the Arotek site.  They are styled similar to the 17Pro in that the frame is precisely cut to fit the larger contoured catch.  They really stick out no further than the standard factory catch but it extends back further and is much easier to reach.  Arotek makes theirs out of aluminum and LWD make theirs polymer.  I installed the polymer on all of my guns and I like it alot more and I think it works much better than any of the other options; standard factory, factory extended(21), Vickers...   I made one myself over ten years ago like what is now sold as the Vickers and to me it was better than using the full size 21 catch but I think the Arotek/LWD style is th best.

First time I've seen one, I think I would like that too.  Maybe both!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top