Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 3:42:00 PM EDT
I was curious, anyone have an EAA pistol?  I was looking at the .40 Witness compact today, and it seemed pretty solid.  I also went through some reviews, and I haven't really seen anything negative about them.  Any experiences here with them
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the larger frame .45ACP.  It's an impressive gun.  I bought it because it felt good in my hand, even for a large frame that took a ten round .45 mag.  I ended up liking it much more than I thought I would, as it shoots great.  

I've thought about getting a 9mm one they have on consigment at the same shop, but I already own a CZ-75, so it's hard to justify.  Maybe I'll think of some excuse.

Anyway, they're well made, with no real systemic problems.  Being steel will help out with the .40.  They fit the hand well, and you can carry it "cocked and locked" if you wish.  The Witness has a slightly different safety than the CZ in that you can work the slide with the safety on, which can be a good thing.  You can't work it with the safety on if the hammer's down though.  Like the CZ there is no hammer drop, so you have to be careful with that.  

The compact's pretty nice really.  It has enough to hold onto in the grip, but it's still shorter in both height and length.  If you CCW, you're really have hide the grip on a gun more than the barrel, so the compact carries better, though it's heavy.  

It's a good gun at a good price.  EAA's customer service supposedly leaves something to be desiered.  

Ross
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  I'm probably going to go ahead and pick it up, nice to hear more good opinions before buying it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top