Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/27/2014 12:10:19 PM EDT
http://dryfiremag.com
Anybody have experience with this?  My Googlefu only pulls up ads from the creator. Reasonable price if it does what it says it does.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a SIRT but this is interesting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks promising. Tagging to learn more
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder how it works.  I'd be interested to try one depending on the pricing...

ETA - Looked through their site a bit and saw it was $99.  

The video at the bottom of the order page explained how it worked.  I am still thinking about but the price is not too bad if it really works as advertised.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Curious if the trigger actually clicks and sych as a normal trigger
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
youtube video of it in use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhdJEX55PYY
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Curious if the trigger actually clicks and sych as a normal trigger
View Quote

According to the video posted he would like connector and spring info when you order, I'm guessing he tunes it to match closely with your actual trigger. Interesting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:02:53 AM EDT
[#8]
He needs to do a kickstarter like IO Covers did (Tangodown or Laserlyte or someone would probably buy it from him, like TD did with the IO).  I'd much rather these get mass produced and sell for $45-50 apiece, since it's just a clicker build into a mag--for $99 I want a clicker AND a laser flash!   ;o)
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I may try one of these.  I'll contact the maker when I get a chance to get some info on how they match the trigger spring and connector type.  I'll post back when I get more info...
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I may try one of these.  I'll contact the maker when I get a chance to get some info on how they match the trigger spring and connector type.  I'll post back when I get more info...
View Quote

Keep us posted. Also ask about weight. I've been using my spare sirt mag in my g17 when dry firing while my sirt is getting some custom work to it, and I really like the feeling of the weighted mag when doing dry fire.

Also you by east central ohio? if so might bug ya to meet up and try it out if you get one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
youtube video of it in use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhdJEX55PYY
View Quote

This guy is going to end up shooting himself in the hand.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Buy cheap Korean mag.
Remove spring and follower.
Fill bottom with plumbers putty.

= Weighted dry fire mag that will not lock the slide back for under $10.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Buy cheap Korean mag.

View Quote

Still racking the slide every time. Which is what this fella is trying to over come.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I think im going to bite the bullet and order one. It says satisfaction guarantee so at least I can get my money back.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I sent an email to the company and have not heard back yet.  I asked about how the trigger pull weight is configured and if it is user adjustable if one would like to make it lighter or heavier.  I also asked about the weight and lead time and so far no answers.

I also tried to call them several times and the call would just fail.  Seems like the number is no longer working.

Until I hear back from I will not be placing an order.  As far as I can tell this company does not exist outside their web site.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:04:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I sent an email to the company and have not heard back yet.  I asked about how the trigger pull weight is configured and if it is user adjustable if one would like to make it lighter or heavier.  I also asked about the weight and lead time and so far no answers.

I also tried to call them several times and the call would just fail.  Seems like the number is no longer working.

Until I hear back from I will not be placing an order.  As far as I can tell this company does not exist outside their web site.
View Quote

Let us know if you hear back from your email.

I don't want to bombard the guy's inbox with "hey are you really in business" messages.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't want to bombard the guy's inbox with "hey are you really in business" messages.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope he gets back to you.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks like a great idea.  Can't wait for a few reviews.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Anybody seen anything about this on Glocktalk?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I have one coming to me for a review. It'll go up on imwithchaos.com when it launches, which will be shortly. There might also be a video review.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Buy cheap Korean mag.

View Quote

This is what I was thinking, except Id use an old 10 round mag

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Clever device.  Good news for the keepers of safe queens who don't like to dry fire because they fear it will break something.  It doesn't actually reset the striker in the gun, just moves the trigger back into a firing position.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Clever device.  Good news for the keepers of safe queens who don't like to dry fire because they fear it will break something.  It doesn't actually reset the striker in the gun, just moves the trigger back into a firing position.
View Quote

The advantage is in being able to repeatedly pull the trigger, vs. having to cycle the slide after each pull. Any idea what the trigger pull is? Comparable would be slick.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#25]
its $100 for that I can load over 500rds of lead 9mm

I will stick to shooting my carry guns a lot
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The advantage is in being able to repeatedly pull the trigger, vs. having to cycle the slide after each pull. Any idea what the trigger pull is? Comparable would be slick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good question. That's something I'll measure.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great. That would be a great tool for practicing at home if the trigger pull was close to normal.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Great. That would be a great tool for practicing at home if the trigger pull was close to normal.
View Quote

Close to normal for what though?  A stock trigger?  One where someone changed the connector and springs?  With the millions of spring/connector combos that people have in Glocks, it just isn't possible to match all.  If the break and reset do not exactly match that of your pistol, your dryfire practice will do more harm than good IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Close to normal for what though?  A stock trigger?  One where someone changed the connector and springs?  With the millions of spring/connector combos that people have in Glocks, it just isn't possible to match all.  If the break and reset do not exactly match that of your pistol, your dryfire practice will do more harm than good IMHO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree. I have more than one pistol. They all have different triggers. So long as I get some resistance and a reset I'm GTG. In the opening post it said something about him wanting to know about your trigger. Assume that's so he can tune his device?

See, if he didn't have such a bag of suck for a website we might have the answer to some of these questions.

Won't solve everything but if I can draw and run through a course of fire in my basement I would be happy.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I disagree. I have more than one pistol. They all have different triggers. So long as I get some resistance and a reset I'm GTG. In the opening post it said something about him wanting to know about your trigger. Assume that's so he can tune his device?

See, if he didn't have such a bag of suck for a website we might have the answer to some of these questions.

Won't solve everything but if I can draw and run through a course of fire in my basement I would be happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hope it is close to stock.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

The biggest danger that I see is if the reset is shorter than your pistol.  With thousands of rounds of dry-fire practice, you will learn this reset point.  When you go to fire your gun with live ammo, you will short stroke the trigger.  

I do this with a USP LEM trigger.  Since it has a longer reset than other pistols that I own, I short stroke it; makes you look like a real dumb-ass too.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The biggest danger that I see is if the reset is shorter than your pistol.  With thousands of rounds of dry-fire practice, you will learn this reset point.  When you go to fire your gun with live ammo, you will short stroke the trigger.  

I do this with a USP LEM trigger.  Since it has a longer reset than other pistols that I own, I short stroke it; makes you look like a real dumb-ass too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTDT.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Okay, here's a reply to my initial questions.

"Thank you for your inquiry.  Yes, the DryFireMag is built with a Glock 17 length mag body.  It works great in my Glock 19.  

The trigger pull is about 5.5 pounds.  When I make each DryFireMag, I design the reset spring to be as light as my pistol's trigger will reset.  If you are  mechanically inclined, I can  provide another spring for you to cut for a lighter trigger pull for your custom settings.

The magazine is weighted to feel like a loaded magazine. "

I just fired back a another email asking if the trigger pull and reset are shorter when using the Dryfire Mag.  I will post back again when I hear back...
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Okay, here's a reply to my initial questions.

"Thank you for your inquiry.  Yes, the DryFireMag is built with a Glock 17 length mag body.  It works great in my Glock 19.  

The trigger pull is about 5.5 pounds.  When I make each DryFireMag, I design the reset spring to be as light as my pistol's trigger will reset.  If you are  mechanically inclined, I can  provide another spring for you to cut for a lighter trigger pull for your custom settings.

The magazine is weighted to feel like a loaded magazine. "

I just fired back a another email asking if the trigger pull and reset are shorter when using the Dryfire Mag.  I post back again when I hear back...
View Quote

Sounds good so far.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I dry fire a LOT.

I use a piece of zip tie, or a small washer in the ejection port to keep the slide just out of battery, and a magazine loaded with dummy rounds.  I can pull the trigger repeatedly and practice reloads (without racking the slide).

I have one of the blue plastic inert mags for loading and racking the slide but then I can only pull the trigger once.

I'm curious to see if this guy answers.
View Quote

Nice tip! That works slick.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm having a dumb day and not picturing how this works and allows consecutive trigger pulls.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm having a dumb day and not picturing how this works and allows consecutive trigger pulls.
View Quote

I thought the same thing if you're referring to the zip tie
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just pull your slide slightly out of battery. There is a sweet spot in there. Pretty cool.

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Just pull your slide slightly out of battery. There is a sweet spot in there. Pretty cool.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm off work in a few... I shall find a zip tie.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also use the zip tie method but I really want to feel the break and the reset.

BTW here is the reply on my questions about the trigger pull and reset length.

"The trigger pull is the same.  The reset currently is a little longer.  I have a design change that may shorten it.  No one has noticed and objected  to the current design.  

Thanks for the questions,

Stan"

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I also use the zip tie method but I really want to feel the break and the reset.

"The trigger pull is the same.  The reset currently is a little longer.  I have a design change that may shorten it.  No one has noticed and objected  to the current design.  

Stan"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stan"

sounding good
my sirt will be back in a few days so once someone has this mag in hand and says they are good to go i'll get one and compare the two.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I received my DryFire Mag today.

I'll be putting it through some testing and writing a review on it. I DID pay for it so there won't be any bias from me.

I had a bit of trouble getting it to seat correctly in the gun, the part that was supposed to go behind the trigger bar wasn't. I messed with it a bit and now it's functioning correctly. Initial impression is good. It has a "clicker" in it so every time you pull the trigger it clicks (almost like a dog training clicker, if not exactly. ). I'm not a big Glock guy but it's working so far. I'll bring it to work tomorrow and use a trigger pull gauge to see where it is at.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I received my DryFire Mag today.

I'll be putting it through some testing and writing a review on it. I DID pay for it so there won't be any bias from me.

I had a bit of trouble getting it to seat correctly in the gun, the part that was supposed to go behind the trigger bar wasn't. I messed with it a bit and now it's functioning correctly. Initial impression is good.It has a "clicker" in it so every time you pull the trigger it clicks (almost like a dog training clicker, if not exactly. ). I'm not a big Glock guy but it's working so far. I'll bring it to work tomorrow and use a trigger pull gauge to see where it is at.

http://scontent-a-ord.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/10401691_361587977334752_1988456022_n.jpg
View Quote

Sweet news
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Eagerly awaiting your review.

Now hurry up!

Thanks for being the guinea pig.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Now hurry up!

View Quote

No problem. I'm going to be writing for my friend's blog so I figured this would be a good thing to start with.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No problem. I'm going to be writing for my friend's blog so I figured this would be a good thing to start with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now hurry up!

I look forward to your review!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Trigger pull with the Dry Fire Mag was 4.5 lbs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Trigger pull with the Dry Fire Mag was 4.5 lbs.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top