Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 4:30:36 PM EDT
I was offered a gun today for about $650. I havent seen it yet but the guy who offered it to me says that he carried it on duty when he was a cop. He claims it is a dubble stack? Is that right, he also said somthing about preban. Nothing to do with the clinton crap though. Did they accualy make one of those? Could it just be a .38? Also the offer he made was the gun, 2 15rd mags,holster,surefire light, and hard case for 650, what do ya think?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You sure he didn't say "Double Eagle"?

Sounds like it's one of those "Colts made by para ordinance"

Was the Colt 2000 pos a double stack?

Google seems to indicate there might have been a 10mm double eagle that had a double stack magazine, I never heard of it before.

The 2000 was a DBL stack [15], the dbl eagle was not. I do not believe the 10mm was a dbl stack, and  the 9mm commander 1911 design was not either.

I agree, it's either a DBL eagle or a Para.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
These guys sure are correct.  The only double stack Colt is the 2000, and it's not worth anywhere near $650.  If it's a Para Ordnance, unless it's a Limited or Signature Series, it's not worth anything near $650.  Find out exactly what model and make it is, and let us know before you buy.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
These guys sure are correct.  The only double stack Colt is the 2000, and it's not worth anywhere near $650.  If it's a Para Ordnance, unless it's a Limited or Signature Series, it's not worth anything near $650.  Find out exactly what model and make it is, and let us know before you buy.  Good luck!

If it is a para(I think it is), what would it be worth? Any guesses?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Need to know what model to come up with a used price.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#6]
He's feeding you shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top