User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 9:57:33 AM EDT
Delete
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Generally 3-point jams (which is what I think this is) are attributable to the extractor.  Usually due to too much tension on the extractor.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think it is a 3 point jam because i am able to push the slide closed very easily after the jam occurs i can even just tap the bottom of the mag and it will close. I am leaning towards the recoil spring being bad as i have no idea how many rounds went down the pipe before i got this used. I am sure it is something simple just have to figure it out!  

Any other thoughts? Am i right or wrong in my assumptions?

Adam
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like you bought it used.  I would always replace the springs immediately on a used pistol.  Perhaps that is all it is.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok i just ordered a Wolff 21 and 18 lb kit to see which one it works better with. How hard is it to replace the Springs? It looks like it will be easy to replace the larger spring but i don't know how to dissemble the guide rod to get to the other spring. Is there a guide online? I have searched and didn't find one.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Adam
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I have bought 4 used kimbers,,2 have gone back to kimber at NO COST to me to be repaird,,6 to 8 weeks for return..but,,both are FLAWLESS at 4k rds to date
\
contact Dennis at kimber
[email protected]
914-964-0742 ext 355
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top