Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 10:25:08 PM EDT
I sent in two slides to glock for night sites. I mailed them via UPS on August 1. They were received August 5th and back to my door August 8th...

That's impressive.

Glock called me on Tuesday for payment and said it would be 5-7 business day turn around. I figure with shipping they had my slides turned around in 1 day!  

Well Done Glock!

I caught slack in the GD for not doing them myself. I simply don't believe I could have bought two sets of night sites and either a sight tool or brass or nylon punches and done it myself cheaper or quicker.

I know CSB...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you go about doing this?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do you go about doing this?
View Quote

Go to their website and go to the bottom. You will see a link for Warranty. Their will be a form you can print out. Fill out form and write that you'd like night sites installed. Send to glock technical service with payment or they'll call you for payment. Really is a simple project. $57 per set installed and returned to you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Did it with all my glocks. It's a no brainer.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Also, I sent them in stripped. They didn't return that way. . Spare parts!  I didn't see the original sights in the box though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#6]
0/10

Used vender

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#7]
How did you package your slide and what carrier did you use?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How did you package your slide and what carrier did you use?
View Quote

Wrapped in bubble wrap, a layer of packing tape, then put into a box surrounded by crumpled newspaper. Sent UPS 2 day.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
0/10

Used vender

View Quote

Not GD, get out now!...Just kidding...kinda...
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Any idea if I can get this service on a g42?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any idea if I can get this service on a g42?
View Quote

I have no idea. Are factory night sights a option for the G42?  Call Glock technical service and ask. They were friendly when I called them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess if you are ever in the area you can go there and they will do it onsite while you wait. I am heading to FL in late sept, so I am thinking about stopping by and getting them put on.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Pics?

Are factory NS configured as the normal U + dot?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pics?

Are factory NS configured as the normal U + dot?
View Quote

I can get pics in a few days. It is a 3 dot setup. All green. They are nice and bright and carry a 15 year warranty. I think they are made for glock by meprolight
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:07:55 AM EDT
[#15]
They aren't my favorite night sights, but the price is really impossible to beat.  I don't dislike them, I just like other sights better.  And you are right, with that kind of turn around, you would have never got sights in and done it quick. Hell it took three month for me to get my Trijicon HDs in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top