Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2004 11:54:43 AM EDT
Can't find a good picture or instructions on line. I replaced the control lever on my USP, during dis assembly, the detenet slide and spring went airbourne. The hammer and trigger assembly decided to come out also, so a small swap out turned into a complete field strip/ dis-assembly.

Yes, I was in over my head, but after hours of  work on the piece I have a little confidence now.

I have the gun back together and the new control lever in. Everything functioning as it should w/out the detend slide.

I cannot figure out the correct placement for the detent slide (hk item 36) - could someone please link me to some solid instructions/pics? I can't even go from memory since It popped out accidentally. The HK blow out diagram isnt going to help me here.

Thanks!
Josh [SWANKFORCE]
World record holder for longest timed  field stripping/re assembly  of a USP. (actual time with held to save face)

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The answer to my question was> The detent slide goes in before the hammer group and sear.

I was trying to place it after the fact, thought it hinged off of the detent plate, I was mistaken.

All fixed,  knew the answer was in my brain somewhere... thanks anyway
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top