Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:19:49 PM EDT
I never noticed this before, but I'm getting copper shavings in the chamber/barrel.

Is it normal for a GLOCK? Could it cause a "KB" or other malfuntion if I put enough rounds through it?

I'm using Wolf and Rem GS.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:22:40 PM EDT
no problem. remember to thoroughly clean your firing pin channel as they get back there too. No oil in the channel.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:25:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 10:25:58 PM EDT by Painter]
Is it shavings, or is it a copper colored dust/residue? I had a similar observation, and was told that it is part of the lube from the factory. I don't know for sure. I noticed mine in the slide area
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:56:29 AM EDT
new glocks come from the factory with a copper colored lube on the slide.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:33:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By legonas:
new glocks come from the factory with a copper colored lube on the slide.

+1 its true. More to the point though the areas where the frame and slide meet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:36:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By clubsoda22:
no problem. remember to thoroughly clean your firing pin channel as they get back there too. No oil in the channel.

Thanks, noted.

Originally Posted By Painter:
Is it shavings, or is it a copper colored dust/residue? I had a similar observation, and was told that it is part of the lube from the factory. I don't know for sure. I noticed mine in the slide area

Shavings.
The factory grease is almost completely absent from the slide now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:23:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BLY:

Originally Posted By clubsoda22:

Thanks, noted.

Originally Posted By Painter:

Shavings.
The factory grease is almost completely absent from the slide now.

Clean you barrel and don't shoot that dirty woof crap. I find wolf hg ammo to be some of the worst stuff out there. Whenever I shoot it I notice it sparking out of my barrel.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:12:16 PM EDT
Glocks eat wolf like candy. I have never had 1 malfunction with wolf ammunition other than the very occasional dud primer, which only makes for good Tap, Rack practice. I have on more than one occasion witnessed glocks (my own included) fire several thousand rounds without cleaning and no deterioration in performance. When it came time to clean, i cleaned the gun in the sink with palmolive and a toothbrush and everything came right off.

If you're gun doesn't shoot wolf, it's your guns problem. Wolf is quality ammo and the only stuff i use for practice and training.
Top Top