Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:49:58 PM EDT
Anyone ever attempted this? Would it be possible? or is the frame just too small. I would love to have a makarov but I have a cheap source for 9x19 and I have no knowledge of the 9x18 cartridge or its availibility in my parts. Any help would be appreciated! thanks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
No. No. No. OK; sorry.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone ever attempted this? Would it be possible? or is the frame just too small. I would love to have a makarov but I have a cheap source for 9x19 and I have no knowledge of the 9x18 cartridge or its availibility in my parts. Any help would be appreciated! thanks!

The Mak pistol is the culmination of a very involved ongoing project begun by the Germans before WWII which resulted in the most powerful blowback pistol known to man.  Sort of a European "Dirty Harry" pistol.  

At any rate, the 9x19 is a bonafide 'high pressure' pistol cartridge and generally is limited to actions which remain locked until the bullet leaves the bore, and the pressure can drop.   It doesn't have too much to do with the size of the frame -- It's just a different animal.  

The two just are not destined to meet up in a rechambered pistol.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's see....  Don't do it, unless you would like to visit me here in the ER.  I know a few good hand doctors as well.

Advise:  buy a 9mm or buy some 9x18 ammo.  Choose one (or both according to ARF.com)
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Let's see....  Don't do it, unless you would like to visit me here in the ER.  I know a few good hand doctors as well.

Advise:  buy a 9mm or buy some 9x18 ammo.  Choose one (or both according to ARF.com)

El_Guapo is correct, and I would say there is a plethoraof both to choose from!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it's a male plane.
How can you tell?
Didn't you notice its little balls?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for clearing that up guys! I already have a beretta 92, and I really want a makarov, so I was just seeing if i could uncomplicate my ammo box a little. Guess I'll just have to start looking for 9x18 cause those makarovs are cool little guns!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#7]
You might consider looking for one and getting a .380 barrel or getting one that is already chambered in .380 if that would make ammo availability and cost better for you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#8]
.380, or 9x18......

choose one.....

Charge On!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top