Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2002 1:19:46 PM EDT
Here is the big anouncement. SA now has the 9mm Commpact XD out. Heard that the .40 will be coming shortly.

Here is the new XD mini-light.

Looks like they are also offering the fullsizes in not only OD and black, but also in Bi-tone now.

Also noticed that the compact is available with Heinie slant pro night sights as a factory option, and the fullsizes are available with both Trijicon's and Heinie night sights.

Personally, I think SA is definitely on top of their game. They are offering a lot of options for these guns and marketing them heavily to the aftermarket crowd. That compact with the mini light should be an excellent home defense weapon for women, who might not want or be able to handle a fullsize.

I have GOT to get me another XD. Let shope the .45 gets here soon.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Great gun but why would you need a  light on a compact carry gun?
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That compact with the mini light should be an excellent home defense weapon for women, who might not want or be able to handle a fullsize.

Options my friend, options. If one doesnt need/want to use it, dont have to. But should one want/need to, its there . I think its brilliant, though I would personally use it as a backup gun or when I couldnt carry anything bigger.

My old standby line, Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I was at a function last night where all I could carry was my mil spec Micro SA and my Surefire 6Z. The compact XD would have been perfect to carry, and I could have slipped the mini light in my pocket and attached if needed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Asked and answered.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Why they don't make a .45 HS2000....I mean XD is beyond me,I would have one by now if they did.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
C_Brooks, the only HS2000s you're going to find will be 9mm. HS Arms had the .40 and .45 in development before SA bought the rights. Now every gun out of that factory in Croatia headed for the US will have Springfield Armory stamped on it. The HS2000 is history except on the secondary market. The XD can be had for under $400 if you look around, and even at that price I think it's a bargain. These guns should be selling for as much or more than Glocks, and I think a price increase is inevitable.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:09:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why they don't make a .45 HS2000....I mean XD is beyond me,I would have one by now if they did.

Rumor is that SA will be coming out with the .45 around the end of Jan. or Feb. I have my fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#7]
So has anyone seen/ fired one of these yet?

It just made my wish list, although I may hold off and see if they put one out in .40 or better yet .45
Rumors...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top