Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 7:57:47 AM EDT
Hello one and all . ..

Now that we can once again get hi-cap mags at a good price, I've been thinking about getting a 92 Compact.

I have a 92 "full size" and really like the pistol.

I know that some will say "too big" and such, but I don't use it as a CCW and shoot it very well.  Pistol has always been 100 reliable with any ammo .

So . . . .

opinions on a Compact 92 ? ? ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one and like it, but compact is a very relative term.  The compact pistols have a slide that is the sme width as the full size and the barrel isn't very much shorter.  The grip is only about 1/2" shorter and isn't any thinner.  Even the single stack compact isn't much thinner at the grips because the grip panels are so thick.  The single stack fits smaller hands better because it is more rounded but nothing about it small.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I know of several agencies who, when they went to the Beretta 92 system, bought some compacts...both single stack and the double stack...for investigators and females. In every single case (five agencies, all medium sized to fairly large at 650 to 1600+ sworn officers) they ended up getting rid of them because no one liked them. The model that did gain some success was the Centurian due to the shorter barrel with capability to use standard mags. Real "compactness" just is not "in" the 92 series genes.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
i have a 92sd compact and love it.  i dont carry it all that much on a daily basis but if im wearing somethig that can cover it up (suit, winter jacket, ect.) i do.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top