Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2013 6:18:29 PM EDT
These are showing up regularly on GB @ at least $1k over MSRP.
Is anyone seeing these in any stores?
I would consider paying some over MSRP but not $1K.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
That seems to be about the price of any comparable factory 1911 with those features out of a custom shop.

Here is what they are saying at the 1911 Forum

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=406804

(left cold on purpose)
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 5:11:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Buds gets them in from time to time. I think they sell for $1880. Still a hard gun to find. I would suggest getting on the waiting list on the various online dealers. I did, and about six months later, I got an email saying it was in stock. Unfortunately, my funds were out of stock.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I am on the list of several on line retailers.
Which did you use?

Link Posted: 9/23/2013 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I talked to a nice lady at Colt last week about ordering one, she told me even though they where custom shop guns they had to be ordered thru a distributor, which is what I expected. She did tell me that they will continue with production as long as there's a demand, which hopefully means that supply will eventually catch up with demand. I'll just get in line and wait it out like everyone else, no way I would pay more than MSRP for one, since they're selling for less when available. I love my O1980RG, and they would make a great pair.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
nice gun and all-

i fired 3 mags through one at SHOT this year-  still a series 80 trigger, and no checkering on the frontstrap.

im sorry- but i just dont see anything near $1800 worth of pistol there.

alot more can be had for alot less.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine on July 3 2013 , Nice gun, very accurate . I paid retail price because I got it directly from Colt, (it was a well deserved perk). My other 1911 , a S&W SC commander size E series has a lighter trigger. I like them both.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top