Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 1:13:33 PM EDT
I own a Norinco 1911-A1.  if it is relevant to a decision on which parts to use.

Do you reccomend Chip McCormick or Wilson Combat parts for optimizing.

Points of Interest hammer and a lighter trigger.

Anything you feel is relevant please share.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Wilson Combat.  Regarding triggers, I've used all kinds.  It just comes down to looks for me, as they are both good quality.  As far as hammers, you get what you pay for.  If you go Wilson value line or McCormick, they are both junk.  Get a Wilson barstock hammer.  Of course, I suppose it's a moot point if you simply intend to drop them in and  not do a proper trigger job.  In that case, the MIM hammers from either are suitable.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump for more feedback.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are putting it in yourself and aren't familiar with fitting, I would go with the Cylinder and Slide Shops drop in trigger which includes hammer, sear, disconector, sear spring and main spring.

American Handgunner article here
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wilson Combat.  Regarding triggers, I've used all kinds.  It just comes down to looks for me, as they are both good quality.  As far as hammers, you get what you pay for.  If you go Wilson value line or McCormick, they are both junk.  Get a Wilson barstock hammer.  Of course, I suppose it's a moot point if you simply intend to drop them in and  not do a proper trigger job.  In that case, the MIM hammers from either are suitable.

Listen to Hobbs5624, he knows his stuff.

Does that mean the rest of us dont, or should refrain from posting since Hobbs has already spoken?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool SGB, 10,000th post!  Trust me Mattl, he was just being nice to me, and he's pretty much nice to everyone.  I'm sure your advice is definitely appreciated, and you're 100% right on the money.  

C&S has some awesome stuff, and their full kits are a steal considering it's an instant drop in trigger job without paying for a gunsmith.   There are a few minor details of a trigger job that will not be addressed by the drop in parts, but they are so minor that many smiths don't even address them.  BTW, nice touch with the AH link too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top