Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2002 7:12:09 AM EDT
Ok folks,
I've checked the CZ boards several times in the last couple of months, BUT...  There is never any news.  I am going to buy a CZ 75B within the next week.  

Let's get these boards started...  
Who's got what, and let's see some pics..
Anybody done any 'custom' work to their's???
Aaron
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I OWNED a military CZ75 back in the day, and want the CZ97B in .45ACP for my next purchase.  Unfortunately, I got rid of the older pistol, even though I loved it, when I moved to Chicago to take a good paying job.  THEN I kicked myself in the nuts when I arrived in Chi-town, and they told me that they had a hiring freeze go into place the week that I was moving!  D'OH!

I believe that CZs are vastly under-rated, but I don't mind being able to pick up a fine piece of equipment for a veritable steal!
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi there! I own a CZ75, and I don´t have any complaints whatsoever. It feels great in your hand, it´s confortable to fire and it´s very accurate. I really recommended it, an excellent value for your money!
If you have any questions, I´ll be happy to answer them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Not too many people post here because they work so well.  Also people that own CZ's tend to not have the inadequecies that people that own other guns of big name brands have.  Those folks have to talk about their guns because they want to comfort themselves about their choice.  CZ owners are of the type that are comfortable knowing they have the best pistol, and hae no reason to flaunt it.

Seriously, it is dead around here.  

The only thing I've done to mine, a CZ-75B Turkish military contract overrun, is replace those hidious thumbrest grips.  I first used a set of TZ-75 wood grips, that I had to fit.  They were nice and looked good, but I switched to the Houge rubber ones.  I couldn't stand the houge fingergrooves, nor the thicker grip caused by the front wrap around, so I simply cut it off.  That left me with two rubber panels.  It fits perfect, is VERY comfortable, with just the right amount of grip.

Ross
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I've got a CZ-75B in 9mm and an EAA Witness (Tanfoglio) in 40S&W.  They both are comfortable to shoot and go "bang: every time I pull the trigger. What more is there to say?

Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a CZ75B.  I like it ok.... real accurate.  But the trigger sucks.  Mine even has a trigger job done to no avail.  I can visibly see the ahmmer move back a little while pulling the trigger in SA mode... which is nothing but creep.  :-(

I am giving this one to my Dad... he will never notice.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Like the others said, it is dead here because we own the best pistol

I own a CZ75 in 9mm, I was hoping to make it .357 sig, but no one has ever told me if they are the same frame, and if so all I would have to do is swap out the slide, barrel and spring (Mags too probably)  Ah well, maybe I will just buy another.

Mine is well worn now, I got it NIB, it has well over 30,000 rounds through it, and finish is worn off from my fingers. I would post pics but all I have is my crappy webcam.

I actually have a line on a CZ75 early model (short slide rails) If I can get it I will certainly make some pics for all to see
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I recently bought a CZ-75BD.  Many versions were available at my local gunpimp, including the CZ-85 Combat, the Compact, and several others.

In the end, price won out, coupled with the fact that it came with a 15-rounder and a 10-rounder.  I paid $360 for it; it was advertised as a Police model and the box is so marked, but after a careful inspection I think it's just a regular BD.

I just shot it for the first time yesterday.  I put about 30 rounds of S&B 9mm and an equal amount of 3D lead nose ammo.  It sprayed the 3D ammo all over the place but was much more accurate with the S&B (go figure).  My wife shot it, and experienced a couple of jams caused by a nosediving round in the mag, but aside from that no complaints were heard.  

I washed out the generic oil from the hammer area with brake cleaner, and put a few drops of Tetra oil down there.  That went a long way toward smoothing out the slightly gritty and stiff trigger.

I don't particularly care for the sights with their glow-in-the-dark dots; they look like something that should be on an Astra.  Still, they present a crisp enough sight picture that I will probably leave them alone.  

The decocking lever has a couple of sharp edges on it that will probably not survive my urge to file them down.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#8]
cz52 the only way to party
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Yes, I'm a CZer.

CZ 100 in .40 - love the grip and accurate but it has as described by some as "the trigger from hell".  I don't carry this one - just use it for funsies

Have the just discontinued CZ75D PCR (replaced by the new P-01).  Great gun , points well,  accurate and I have no jamming issues with it (it loves CCI blazer).

I have to say from the other CZ board I visit, I get the sense that there is quite a variation in quality control, but everybody there is generally happy with their guns.

Those who live by the sword are shot by those that don't .
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Hey, what gives?  I and others are listed as moderators - did I get a promotion?
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I only had one problem with my CZ-75...When using +P Loads the slide would sometimes lock back with rounds still in the mag.Other than that I liked the pistol.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I have an excellent condition CZ70 and this little pocket rocket is indeed a tack driver. Hope to find a military import CZ75 with the round trigger and such. When my nephew asked me to help him pick out his first gun, I directed him right to the nearest CZ dealer and he bought a CZ75B. and it almost shoots as good as my Browning Highpower.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 12:55:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have an excellent condition CZ70 and this little pocket rocket is indeed a tack driver. Hope to find a military import CZ75 with the round trigger and such. When my nephew asked me to help him pick out his first gun, I directed him right to the nearest CZ dealer and he bought a CZ75B. and it almost shoots as good as my Browning Highpower.

Almost
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Yo, Reload:  On my screen, nobody is a moderator, NOT EVEN ME!

I had to check to see if I had my Mod Super Powers (I do, so nobody get uppity!).  GB is apparently still finalizing the upgrade.

No prob, here.  If you like CZs, you are in the right place.  I definitely belive that the CZ52 in .30TOK (7.65x32mm) is one of the most underrated pistols around.  CZ52=Penetration
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I've only had the chance to shoot a friends 75b, and although as some would say it shoots almost as well as Browning, I have seen the 75b's NIB with 1 10 and 1 15 for as little as $289, plus shipping $20 and the local FFL $35 fees, bring grand total to $344.

Good price, nice capacity, haven't shot the 20round mags, anyone have any opinion on those???  My friend has probably shot 6 or 7 thousand rounds through his, no major problems.  

Anyone done any mods??

Aaron
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Have a CZ75 9mm.  Bought it early this year used.  I'm told it's a early import, fixed sights and round trigger guard.  Shoots low and right.  Compensate with a 11 or 10 o'clock hold and all rounds go in bull at 10yds.  Sights appear "bent".  Will be looking for new adj. sights and  OEM mags for it.  Otherwise I love it!  
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:03:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a CZ-75.  I bought it in Germany for $250 new in 1989.  Its the best gun I have owned.  It out shoots my issue M9 Beretta (no suprise).  It has   NEVER jamed.  I wish the Army bought that instead of the M9.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:13:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a CZ75D - PCR, excellent pistol.  I love the grip, once you try it no other pistol will feel as "right" in your hand.  I've put almost 1,000 rds through it without the slightest problem.  It is accurate, more accurate than I can shoot.  I was able to find two 14 rd compact mags for it a month ago, and between those and the 15 rd standard mag I have 43 rds at my disposal.  And, oh by the way, yes, its accuracy that counts, and I practice a lot.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
cz52 the only way to party

There's one in every crowd, isn't there?

Well...okay...make that two.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#20]
it's always amazed me how little respect the cz52 gets. Peolple call it ugly and cheap junk. If they only had a clue what these pistols were capable of.

mike
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Hi guys, CZ makes a quality product, there Mil CZ75B model is a good deal if you can find them

I have two CZ’s, a CZ75B and a CZ85.  They are great pistols, In fact I’ve put off buying any other pistols for some time now <been really happy with what I have, plus saving what I can for a new Jeep >
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Own an early -75, and have worn out one -52 The unlocking extension on the frame was worn to the point that it became unreliable..Bought another of course..

Had a -50..Nice pistol, but just did not fit my hand well..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:09:31 AM EDT
[#23]
I've always loved the feel of the CZ75 but I've always been able to overcome the desire to buy one. Besides, the -52 is so cheap.

That and I really wanted to see how a roller rocker mechanism worked and CZ52's are about 10x cheaper than HK rifles.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#24]
How does the polycoat finish hold up on them CZs?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
How does the polycoat finish hold up on them CZs?

It is alright, but once it starts to wear you are screwed, especially holster wear, once it goes it goes :)

also if you are inattentive with stripping the weapon...

I just stripped and reparked mine....  Much better
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#26]
CZ pistols are quality stuff. I have a 27 that I bring out once in a while just to get a laugh, till I point out the Nazi marking. A 45 that lives in the gun rug most of the time, a 50 that you hardly notice its going off due to the weight and the small caliber, sweet to shoot if you get used to the heavy first DA pull and a 52 that despite the noise is quite comfortable. Other than the 45, they were all in the $125 ballpark. They look funky,which I actually like, because it gets a little attention. I do not hesitate to carry any of them. I have to admit that the CZs still dont get the looks I get at the range with the Savage or the Astra 600. I know,,,I'm strange..  
Lebrew
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Lebrew- I consider my Astra 600 "normal" The Nagant gas seal, and the 1892 "Revolver De Ordinance", that's strange..

The only CZ I have ever seen that I would NOT want was the CZ-38..Bad reputation, and makes a Japanese type 94 pistol look handsome..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Ive had my eye out for a decent 38 at an affordable price, They look like a reject from gun design school, but would't it be cool to have one.  I dont know very much about their function reliability. I follow the auctions at gunbroker, auction arms and the ads on gun america...................Lebrew
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 1:34:45 AM EDT
[#29]
I just bought a CZ52, WOW!!!  What a screamer!  The only thing I didn't like was trying to get the barrell assembly back into the slide.  Getting those rollers to line up right takes some practice.  Next time, I may use a vise to hold the slide.

Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Another cz52 convert....

Now go ye and buy some chezq subgun ammo for it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#31]
I wonder what A 60 grain Silvertip or Gold Dot would do comming out at 1800 fps?
Lebrew
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Hehehe, you likeee, sling438?

Use the cleaning rod, or a punch or the phillips screwdriver head in you Leatherman in the hole in the roller wedge to remove/install the barrel assembly. It works so much better and easier. It really is very easy.

Hey Beerslayer, where do you get the subgun ammo? I've kept an eye open in the Shotgun News but haven't really seen any advertised. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#33]
it's all over the place down here. I know summit ammo <balming> had a few palates in stock a couple of weeks ago. Check with him. I am sure they would be happy to ship you some. Beware it's a lot hotter than the normal tokarev loads.

mike
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#34]
These CZs are great pistols.  My 85B is accurate and reliable.  Just received my C&R license.  I'm thinking a 52 is just about gonna be a necessity!-TR
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Might as well get a couple. When the wholesalers are out of the the price will jump, they are cheap now. Look at the cz 50 $80 a year ago when they were in the warehouses. Now a beat up one will set you back 140, if you can find one. Houston Gunshow there were 2. Both with asking prices 300.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks BeerSlayer. No one at our piddly-assed little funshows up here (western CO.) ever have any (a whopping whole 4 shows a year) and I don't ever seem to find any advertised either. I'll have to give Balming a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top