Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/13/2015 10:46:15 AM EDT

They call it a 1911 A1 but it's not really

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-1911-a1/
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#1]
$849 msrp.  Street price around 700-ish I would guess.  Pretty good money for yet another GI clone.  Especially since most will throw another $200 or $300 in "improvements" at it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen worse.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]
So, is this a mil-spec Dan Wesson,with CZ's name on it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They call it a 1911 A1 but it's not really

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-1911-a1/
View Quote

What should they call it then?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Who gives a rat's ass about another 1911 when THIS is back in production:

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm just saying it isn't really a 1911 A1 with all their modifications; it's misleading marketing as far as I'm concerned.  If you're fine with the name then yeah for you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks sharp!  Looking forward to seeing the blueing in person.  Looks fantastic.  

If anyone has any information on these, please share.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Country of origin?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Country of origin?
View Quote

USA.  Unclear what factory, presumably Dan Wesson.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm just saying it isn't really a 1911 A1 with all their modifications; it's misleading marketing as far as I'm concerned.  If you're fine with the name then yeah for you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what your going with? Misleading marketing?

I don't think anyone is confusing the CZ offering for a real M1911A1 simply because the product code says 1911-A1.  "Hey Jeff, I got me one of them Ceská zbrojovka 1911s from WWII. Pretty cool huh?"

I also don't think anyone is confused by SA rollmarks

Or Auto Ordance's WWII parkerized model

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm just saying it isn't really a 1911 A1 with all their modifications; it's misleading marketing as far as I'm concerned. If you're fine with the name then yeah for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just saying it isn't really a 1911 A1 with all their modifications; it's misleading marketing as far as I'm concerned. If you're fine with the name then yeah for you.

Yep, I'm fine with it
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks nice.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Want
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't think anyone is confusing the CZ offering for a real M1911A1 simply because the product code says 1911-A1.  "Hey Jeff, I got me one of them Ceská zbrojovka 1911s from WWII. Pretty cool huh?"

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/powershots70/IMG_7377a.jpg

http://www.arizonagunrunners.net/Products/AutoOrdnance/1911pkzsew/1911pkzsew.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.arizonagunrunners.net/Products/AutoOrdnance/1911pkzsew/1911pkzsew.jpg

That was a secondary point; the primary point is with all the changes and improvements it's not really a 1911 A1.  Good grief.  I don't like those other companies using the name 1911 A1 either.  Bye.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Who gives a rat's ass about another 1911 when THIS is back in production:

http://cz-usa.com/hammer/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/cz-usa-dan-wesson-7151-500x333.png
View Quote

I hate to derail threads in the tech forums, but you are right. If it fits in with the quality of the DW 1911s I'll be all over one.

On the other hand I'm not a big fan of the GI style 1911s even though some of you are probably drooling over it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That was a secondary point; the primary point is with all the changes and improvements it's not really a 1911 A1.  Good grief.  I don't like those other companies using the name 1911 A1 either.  Bye.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

OK.  Just out of curiosity, what would you prefer they call it?
If it's not an 1911 A1 because of some minor improvements, it's certainly not a 1911, either.  So what should we call 1911-patterned pistols?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:35:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  OK.  Just out of curiosity, what would you prefer they call it?
If it's not an 1911 A1 because of some minor improvements, it's certainly not a 1911, either.  So what should we call 1911-patterned pistols?
View Quote

Browning-inspired antiquated single actions?    Hi-Point magazine donors?...
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:12:36 AM EDT
[#19]
It looks to be very suitable for a base gun.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good grief indeed.

You find the name 1911-A1 inappropriate but my first question was what do you suggest the name to be?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Good grief indeed.

You find the name 1911-A1 inappropriate but my first question was what do you suggest the name to be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good grief indeed.

I don't know why you insist I suggest a name I like better, I can not like it and have a name I like better in mind.  How about they call it the CZ11, this would be similar to the names of their other pistols CZ75, CZ85, CZ50, C52, etc; and the 11 clues buyers that it's a 1911 pattern pistol.  Bye.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#22]
What it seems like - mil-spec Dan Wesson.  Neat
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Any word on when these will be out?
Was looking at the Ruger,and the SA MilSpec in SS.
Like the forged frame on this pistol.And the sights,wide hammer,etc.
I will not spend my money until i handle one of the CZ's.

UPDATE :  just called the factory.
These start shipping in Feb.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't know why you insist I suggest a name I like better, I can not like it and have a name I like better in mind.  How about they call it the CZ11, this would be similar to the names of their other pistols CZ75, CZ85, CZ50, C52, etc; and the 11 clues buyers that it's a 1911 pattern pistol.  Bye.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good grief indeed.

Your whole thread is based on the fact you believe the CZ offering isn't a 1911-A1.  I'm merely asking what you think a solution should be for something you find inappropriate.
Criticism that lacks a solution is just noise.

I'm also not the only one in the thread that asked your opinion of a name.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:59:57 AM EDT
[#25]
At least the front sight is dovetailed. Never understood the GI love. Crap sights, small safety, hammer bite? What a winner!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:22:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

At least the front sight is dovetailed. Never understood the GI love. Crap sights, small safety, hammer bite? What a winner!
View Quote

I actually prefer the WWI pattern thumb safety. I went away from the ambi thumb safety and the memory bumped grip safety on my Desert Warrior, to a Colt OEM WWI thumb safety and Colt rat tail grip safety, which standardized it with my other carry gun, a New Agent ,and the Combat Elite I use most at the range.

I was thinking that this pistol would be a good base for a MEUSOC clone.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:00:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Lowered/flared ejection port?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:29:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I actually prefer the WWI pattern thumb safety. I went away from the ambi thumb safety and the memory bumped grip safety on my Desert Warrior, to a Colt OEM WWI thumb safety and Colt rat tail grip safety, which standardized it with my other carry gun, a New Agent ,and the Combat Elite I use most at the range.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was mainly just giving the purists a hard time, agree that the original config works for many, I just am not one of them. My hands are too fat for the hammer and grip safety, and I like to ride the thumb safety.

I do hope this gun is made by DW. It won't be cheap, but even their low end guns are excellent.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lowered/flared ejection port?
View Quote

Here are the latest released photos

Not quite sure what I think about it now.
Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#30]
It's OK and I like that it is made in the USA, but I doubt I'll be buying one. IMO it'd be kinda hard to walk into the "GI style" 1911 market at that price point when RIAs are selling for $329 with a solid reputation.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's OK and I like that it is made in the USA, but I doubt I'll be buying one. IMO it'd be kinda hard to walk into the "GI style" 1911 market at that price point when RIAs are selling for $329 with a solid reputation.
View Quote

Not very fair to compare a 1911 made by Dan Wesson to companies like RIA and expect similar price points...
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Not very fair to compare a 1911 made by Dan Wesson to companies like RIA and expect similar price points...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it do anything the RIA doesn't?
Personally, I do NOT want a 1911 that says "CZ" on it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does an Ed brown do anything a RIA doesn't?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:36:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  Does it do anything the RIA doesn't?
View Quote

Actually, it would be pretty neat to have a 1911 that says,"MADE IN CZECH REPUBLIC".  One of the few other countries in the world where carry permits are possible to get.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm hoping you're trolling...

RIA doesn't put nearly the time and hand fitting into their 1911's that DW will on these guns....
I'm far from a 1911 expert, but I do know that hand fitting parts has a lot to do with their reliability and performance.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

RIA doesn't put nearly the time and hand fitting into their 1911's that DW will on these guns....
I'm far from a 1911 expert, but I do know that hand fitting parts has a lot to do with their reliability and performance.
View Quote

My response wasn't aimed at you, but the other poster.
It's the same old circle jerk of high priced 1911s vs low priced 1911s.  They can all shoot .45 and they essentially all the do same thing.
They also all have a different price point for a reason.  The buyer decides what features he wants at a price he is willing to pay.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

do we really know that these guns will be built with same type of care and fit as the Dan Wesson line or is it speculation? I get that they are same facility etc but do we know for sure that you are getting a Dan Wesson in CZ clothing?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

do we really know that these guns will be built with same type of care and fit as the Dan Wesson line or is it speculation? I get that they are same facility etc but do we know for sure that you are getting a Dan Wesson in CZ clothing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it will get the attention that their high end 1911's get, but I also highly doubt they will just send a run-of-the-mill 1911 out the door when people know they're building them. It would give them a bad name.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Take it how you want. From Keith at DW on another forum:

[QUOTE=Keith DW;5387079]You can't make a 1911- here in the states- for anywhere close to $500.00.  Not one of this quality anyway.  There is no MIM or plastic in this particular model and GI parts are like Hens Teeth.  Quality ones anyway.  Unless you are making 10,000 of them or more and can afford to pay for MIM tooling and such but CZ only plans to make 1,000 of these this year.

CZ marked the slide like they do all of their pistols. BTW they sell a heck of a lot more CZ pistols than DW's...  I can't blame them for branding them this way.  Besides,  All the other GI guns out there either have HUGE engravings on the slide or plaster the whole left side with roll marks.  The CZ's are a balance between the two.

Obviously, I am not a big fan of lots of engraving or roll marks but the gun itself is a heck of a gun and that is the most important factor to me.[/UOTE]

Eta: he has also stated in the past he wanted to do a GI pistol for a while. Reading between the lines it's obvious to me this is his pet project and is doing what he can to make it cost effective and still providing a quality gun that will turn a profit.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

[QUOTE=Keith DW;5387079]You can't make a 1911- here in the states- for anywhere close to $500.00.  Not one of this quality anyway.  There is no MIM or plastic in this particular model and GI parts are like Hens Teeth.  Quality ones anyway.  Unless you are making 10,000 of them or more and can afford to pay for MIM tooling and such but CZ only plans to make 1,000 of these this year.

CZ marked the slide like they do all of their pistols. BTW they sell a heck of a lot more CZ pistols than DW's...  I can't blame them for branding them this way.  Besides,  All the other GI guns out there either have HUGE engravings on the slide or plaster the whole left side with roll marks.  The CZ's are a balance between the two.

Obviously, I am not a big fan of lots of engraving or roll marks but the gun itself is a heck of a gun and that is the most important factor to me.[/UOTE]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice. Just as I expected... Just because it says CZ on it, don't think DW isn't going to give it the necessary attention it needs as anything that comes from DW would get.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Eta: he has also stated in the past he wanted to do a GI pistol for a while. Reading between the lines it's obvious to me this is his pet project and is doing what he can to make it cost effective and still providing a quality gun that will turn a profit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for sharing....I can read between the lines...how long before I can snatch one up
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah , I will second that ...Rocky island makes marginal handguns in the Phillapines. Let's compare them to something put out by CZ/ Dan Wesson that is built in the USA.
Built in USA means something
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#43]
After Shot I guess but I don't have the slightest idea
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
thanks for sharing....I can read between the lines...how long before I can snatch one up
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the first page someone mentioned that they called the factory and were informed that they start shipping in Feb.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That  means a lot,to me,that he put that out there.
I will be looking for one next month.

And: The no MIM is a bonus.

ETA: If i can find one for $700,or so, i will jump on it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not an M1911A1 unless it was shipped to the US Government.

Relax.  I don't anyone will be mislead into thinking they're getting a pre-1945 contact gun.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#47]
I need this in my life.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah , I will second that ...Rocky island makes marginal handguns in the Phillapines. Let's compare them to something put out by CZ/ Dan Wesson that is built in the USA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, "built by Dan Wesson" means something. The workmanship on Rock Islands is on par with (and better than some) mass produced American 1911's. Both the RIA and many American guns are full of MIM parts.

Also, CZ needs to take that shit off of the slide.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Maybe CZ would have been better off to make it under the Dan Wesson Label and just put the 1911 A1 Makings on it! The Name doesn't mean that much to Me as the Quality of the Gun Does. It would be nice if they will be using Tool Steel Internals like the DW Valor, but at that price it's doubtful the Internals will be Tool Steel.
Does anyone know if the Frame and Slide are Forged Steel or Cast? The Valor is Forged and has the Tool Steel Fire Control and other Parts. But cost 1000.00 More than the CZ 1911

For now I will stick with My Springfield Milspec and TRP and hope to one Day buy a DW Valor:) and see more about the CZ 1911 such as User Feedback Etc.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Maybe CZ would have been better off to make it under the Dan Wesson Label and just put the 1911 A1 Makings on it! The Name doesn't mean that much to Me as the Quality of the Gun Does. It would be nice if they will be using Tool Steel Internals like the DW Valor, but at that price it's doubtful the Internals will be Tool Steel.
Does anyone know if the Frame and Slide are Forged Steel or Cast? The Valor is Forged and has the Tool Steel Fire Control and other Parts. But cost 1000.00 More than the CZ 1911

For now I will stick with My Springfield Milspec and TRP and hope to one Day buy a DW Valor:) and see more about the CZ 1911 such as User Feedback Etc.
View Quote

To be honest, if they produced this under the Dan Wesson label it would diminish the brand.  The low end for Dan Wesson is the Heritage and I don't see it advantageous to CZ to produce any 1911s under that price point under the DW label.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top