Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 9:14:58 AM EDT
    I read in a current issue of Shooting Times that "Dan Wesson revolvers are back."  I thought, it's about time something happened with their production line since CZ bought them (other than notification of price increases).  According to the article in ST, "Beginning this year, CZ is launching a major reintroduction of the Dan Wesson revolver line, beginning with its most classic configurations and chamberings" , which I come to see are only the 445 Super Mags.  Of course, in the article, it shows one of the Mandrell girls with a 357 Mag.  

I currently have two of DW's older 44 Magnums (the newer one with nice laser etching), one 357 Mag, and one 22 LR revolver, in addition to two of their Pointman Major 1911 45's (both also with very nice laser etching).  I was hoping to purchase at least one more 357 and one more 44 since I don't want to have to buy any more S&W revolvers since S&W has decided to put that damned action lock on the sides of the frames of all of their current production revolvers.

The only guns I have seen on DW's website for a long time were the 445's, some kind of basic 45, plus the bobtail-brained Ed Brown bobtail 45, and, of course the 10mm Razorback (ok, one classic gun out of the lot.)  

So, I dropped an email to CZ Customer Support to find out when other calibers were estimated to be available to the public.  I received the following answer:

_________________________________________________________________________________
                         Hello.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  We have no plans on offering
                         any other calibers for our revolvers at this time.  If you contact our
                         service dept. at [email protected], you can ask Brian, our revolver
                         gunsmith, to find out if he can get you what you are looking for.  Thank
                         you for contacting Dan Wesson Firearms.

CZ-USA/DWF
                         Genny
_________________________________________________________________________________

Is that a bite in the ass, or what?

Looks like another US Gun maker going down the drain for the last time, now with international help.

S4F
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Send lawyers, guns, and money...........The shit has hit the fan.
                                                                                            W. Zevon

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:17:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I would do to sell a pistol! Make it in a caliber hardly any one wants or uses. Man they should promote the brainiac who thought of that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top